What's new

Sigh...save game transferring

Razlakh

Greetings.

Love Chankast. Been using 2.0a to play Marvel vs Capcom 2. Everything's dandy (although th FPS is a bit low). Considerable amount of progress. Now I upgrade to Chankst 2.5, and now my save is gone. How do I transfer my save of MvC2 from Chankast 2.0a to Chankast 2.5? I've entered the VMU menu of 2.5, says 0 blocks. So I clear it. Then I go to the VMS browser and see that the VMS now has 200 free blocks. I go searching around the files in the Chankst 2.0a folder, and I see a vms.bin file. Is this the save? When I try uploading it to the 2.5 VMU, it says there isn't enough room. So how exactly do I transfer my save file?

Is there a way to speed up the FPS? I use Daemon Tools. For instance, in the actual game, Cable shoots his strong punch gun 4-5 hit combo thing in about two seconds. When I play on 2.0a, it takes about four.

Last edited:

holymoz

copy the old vms.bin and paste it to the chankast 2.5 folder (overwrite if already exists).
to increase the speed change the value of cpu speed by the +- keys on the numpad, usually decreasing the value must go speedy.

OP
R

Razlakh

D'oh, of course. Just copy the file. Silly me. Thanks.

Using the +/- numpad seemed to make it slower, no matter which way it went...Should I + it or - it from 100?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Do not increase it or decrease it too much. Set it around 80 and 120. After a while you'll find out the value that is better for you. It may be even 100.

JinXD

Razlakh said:
Greetings.

Love Chankast. Been using 2.0a to play Marvel vs Capcom 2. Everything's dandy (although th FPS is a bit low). Considerable amount of progress. Now I upgrade to Chankst 2.5, and now my save is gone. How do I transfer my save of MvC2 from Chankast 2.0a to Chankast 2.5? I've entered the VMU menu of 2.5, says 0 blocks. So I clear it. Then I go to the VMS browser and see that the VMS now has 200 free blocks. I go searching around the files in the Chankst 2.0a folder, and I see a vms.bin file. Is this the save? When I try uploading it to the 2.5 VMU, it says there isn't enough room. So how exactly do I transfer my save file?

Is there a way to speed up the FPS? I use Daemon Tools. For instance, in the actual game, Cable shoots his strong punch gun 4-5 hit combo thing in about two seconds. When I play on 2.0a, it takes about four.
Chankast 2.5!!! :blink: w00t where's the download link :p

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Razlakh said:
How are you on the Chankast forums if you don't know where to download Chankast?
it was just a small joke... you are using v0.25 and not v2.5... (i know, it's a very good 0.25 version)...
but to return to your sentence, it's strange you have deduce that, and not the joke...