Operating System: Windows XP Pro w/SP1 and all updates
Processor (Examples: Intel Pentium III, AMD K6-2): P4
Processor Speed: 2.4Ghz
BUS Speed (optional): 800
Amount of Memory: 512
Graphics Accelerator Card: GF4 ti4200
Audio Card: Soundmax Integrated Digital

}}}}} Bug#1 {{{{{

Describe the Problem: Using Shibo's Audio 1.1 I get no sound from "Paper Mario (U) [!].zip". Many other games work great and sound awesome. I have yet to notice any other games that do the same so far.

How to Make this Problem Happen: Use Shibo's Audio 1.1 and run "Paper Mario (U) [!].zip"

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]: Always

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]: Annoying (I can switch to Azimer's 0.30 Rev 2.2 and it works fine)

Trotterwatch

I get sound with Schibos plugin using Paper Mario (U) albeit it does crackle a little (stays at 60vi though). In game seems perfect.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I'd be curious if any other users with on board sound are having this issue?

Otherwise, anything I can check? Like I said so far though, it's only "Paper Mario (U) [!].zip" and other games sound great. I'll try to find some other games

karth95

Lord of the Cats
LazerTag said:
I'd be curious if any other users with on board sound are having this issue?

Otherwise, anything I can check? Like I said so far though, it's only "Paper Mario (U) [!].zip" and other games sound great. I'll try to find some other games

I have the same problem with my work machine. Downloading the 9-30-03 on my home machine, then I'll test it.

I think you will all love this...

When I enable Jabo's rsp.dll, the sound works. Since 1964 .99 has a built in RSP, this is not necessary for most games. Anyone who enabled rsp because they thought they had to, probably has sound.

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
karth95 said:
I have the same problem with my work machine. Downloading the 9-30-03 on my home machine, then I'll test it.

I think you will all love this...

When I enable Jabo's rsp.dll, the sound works. Since 1964 .99 has a built in RSP, this is not necessary for most games. Anyone who enabled rsp because they thought they had to, probably has sound.

099 does not have a built-in rsp. :)

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
LazerTag said:
====================================

}}}}} Bug#1 {{{{{

Describe the Problem: Using Shibo's Audio 1.1 I get no sound from "Paper Mario (U) [!].zip". Many other games work great and sound awesome. I have yet to notice any other games that do the same so far.

How to Make this Problem Happen: Use Shibo's Audio 1.1 and run "Paper Mario (U) [!].zip"

Maybe its related to the bug i posted in http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=161697&goto=postid (or is the exact same)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
schibo said:
099 does not have a built-in rsp. :)
edit:

Hm. I guess, in my folly, I assumed that because you don't have to have the RSP for some games that you used to, it was built in. Instead, it's just not necessary for some things.

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
LazerTag said:
Yes. Now sound works with PJ64's RSP installed.

Ok well remember, when you enable an rsp plugin to process audio, you no longer are using the HLE of the schibo audio plugin. When you enable rsp you are now using the schibo plugin as if it was a basic audio plugin.

schibo

Emulator Developer
karth95 said:
edit:

Hm. I guess, in my folly, I assumed that because you don't have to have the RSP for some games that you used to, it was built in. Instead, it's just not necessary for some things.

In this version we've implemented more things by HLE, and also implemented certain hacks to circumvent the need for the rsp plugin in some situations.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
schibo said:
Ok well remember, when you enable an rsp plugin to process audio, you no longer are using the HLE of the schibo audio plugin. When you enable rsp you are now using the schibo plugin as if it was a basic audio plugin.

I would imagine this is why it pops and crackles instead of sounding nice and smooth like most games. Is there any plan to fix the issue with Paper Mario's sound? I would love to be able to play it with Schibo Audio quality.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
schibo said:

So my initial post is in fact a bug with Paper Mario and the Shibo Audio 1.1 plugin then? or something just makes it currently not work?

I'm just trying to get a handle on how the best way to test games and settings as I go. I really want my involvement with the BETA test to be the best it can. Any insight anyone can offer would be great.

oooinpit

I get good results with Rice5.2(With 3D Analyze) + Azimer.4 (Check Audio Fix, Sync to Game, and use .21 Style Audio). The audio seems near perfect this way.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
oooinpit said:
I get good results with Rice5.2(With 3D Analyze) + Azimer.4 (Check Audio Fix, Sync to Game, and use .21 Style Audio). The audio seems near perfect this way.

I'm having better results with .55.1 Alpha (pulled from the apollo forum) than I had with .4 or .3. I'd suggest trying it.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Here is a list of games that have no audio unless I use an RSP plugin

Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling (U) [!]
Gauntlet Legends (U) [!]
Paper Mario (U) [!]
Rugrats in Paris - The Movie (U) [!]

Should it just be assumed that to get sound you must use an RSP plugin? or do you want to know if more game are found?

These two games I get no sound no matter what I have tried. I think they are both known issues?

Hydro Thunder (U) [!].zip
Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding (U) [!]

Rice

Emulator Developer
LazerTag said:
These two games I get no sound no matter what I have tried. I think they are both known issues?

Hydro Thunder (U) [!].zip
Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding (U) [!]

They are known issues. In fact, Azimer did not fix them until recent. There is something to be done with RSP.dll in order to make them work, and it cannot be done (I may be wrong) or haven't been done in 1964.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
LazerTag said:
So my initial post is in fact a bug with Paper Mario and the Shibo Audio 1.1 plugin then? or something just makes it currently not work?

I don't know if this was clarified, but i can confirm that there's no sound in Paper Mario if Alists are sent to Schibo's Plugin.

And if i'm not wrong processing Alists inside the RSP instead than in the plug results in a quality loss. What i'm doing now is using Mupen's RSP, and sending ALists to Azimer's 55.1 alpha, but i suppose that's not a easy way to get good sound in Paper Mario.