What's new

Shenmue 1 problem

paipalis

Hey guys! I´m kinda new to chankast.

But I´ll start with what I got...

I downloaded Chankast Alpha 0.25, the Bios to it, and Shenmue 1.

The problem is... When i start the first CD of Shenmue, it boots up, but just before the game starts, i get "ioCONTROL - error". And the emulator restarts.

The funny thing is, all the other CDs work!

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for answers!

Estm

Do you have Kalisto release from e**paradise? 4Gb .tar with Shenmue 1 and 2? Do you burned it or using DT or Alcohol?

There is talk that DT 3.29 can emulate it with all cd options enabled (http://www.emutalk.net/chankast/21488-problem-shenmue.html). Can't check it myself I'm using Alcohol.

I think CD1 is corrupted because there's no directory structure on virtual cd. Or is it norm for dreamcast ISOs?

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
I also have a Shenmue question. When I start the game off in Ryo's room; I can't move. I can look around using the analog, but the D-pad registers as looking around too.

Riki

Solution

Hi ! I was having the same problem, with the same image as yours using the daemon tools 4.06 i guess... Just try and use daemon tools 2.39.... the game will work !!

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Diablo2121, assuming you use a gamepad, do you have the Analog mode switched on? I'm saying because my gamepad also has 2 analog... thingies, but unless I activate them (by pressing the Analog button on the gamepad) the left one works like the D-pad and the right one like the 4 buttons (A, B, X, Y). Then check again your button configuration in the menu.

I have the 4Gb tar and I can perfectly play (well, if it can be called perfectly, I have minor graphical issues, major sound issues and speed varying from 35fps downwards to 8fps at times) both Shenmue 1 and 2 with Daemon Tools 3.29 and no options activated. Shenmue 1 hangs at a near-end scene in Disc 3 and I have already finished Shenmue 2.