Settings for Resident Evil 2

KaioShin

I am playing Resident Evil 2 on Project 64 with Jabos 1.5
Gfx-Plugin and it`s not as fast as I want it to. I want to
play it on 1964 but I can`t get it to work. I am using
0.8.4 RC1 and tried every plugin I have including Rice`s unofficial
Daedalus Plugin, but it won`t work. It is said that I can get only
good sound with Azimers 0.4 Audio Plugin but if I choose it
for 1964 the Framerate drops to unbelievable slow 5-10 FPS.
With Jabos 1.5 I have no sound besides of some stuttering sometime but it runs at 55-60 FPS. Azimers Plugin runs fine
on Project 64. I read that Rice`s GFX Plugin is best for RE2
but it is very slow and the models are very weird.
My system:
Duron 1000
256 MB DDR
Radeon 8500
Windows XP
Plz somebody help!!!

RPGlover12

dude not all emulators are 100% compatible they are like 98% or somethin though not 100% so some games wont work :)

Valek

RE2 works just fine on my 1964 0.8.3 with Daedalus D3D8 and its included RSP plugin. There are a few graphical errors in the beginning street scene (zombies walking on cars, and through walls) but after that, everything is perfectly smooth with no errors to be found. Im currently fighting that big-ass crocodile monster...cant seem to kill the thing, though...

(by the way, what the HELL was that chick thinking when she started firing shots at the crocodile with her handgun?!)

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
0.8.4 RC1? If you're a beta tester, shouldn't you have something like RC10 (or whatever RC its at now, I dont know cause I'm not a beta tester)?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
KaioShin said:
I am using
0.8.4 RC1
I find that hard to believe that you are using that version. You probably mixed the versions up or something.

Getting back to the topic, you really can't do anything to fix the gfx because it is a plugin issue. For the sound, use one of Azimer's older audio plugins such as 0.30.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Your much better off using v0.8.4, and note: use the (E) version, its playable (with very little sound breakup and Z-Buffer prob), but the (U) version has real bad sound and not playable.

OP
KaioShin

KaioShin

First: I really am using 0.8.4 RC1 at least that is what the Emu says. It is a Beta and it is not leaked! But mAKES NO MATTER
since the official 0.8.4 is out now. Here is a picture of the bug:
If the version is that bad why is it working in Projekt 64?

OP
KaioShin

KaioShin

Yeah, and since there is a new version of Daedalus Gfx Plugin
in the release too, there are no more errors!!! Runs fine like
Projekt 64 but faster!!! But the game freezes in the gunshop.
Maybe only a misconfiguration.

Duncan

N64 Addict
KaioShin:
1) Do you realize how old RC1 is? Do you realize that we were up to RC18 before release? I dont know where you got RC1, but we will not support questions about RC1 or any other beta version.
2) Why is it you think that just because one emu supports a game in one manner, that automaticlly it should be supported in the same way with another emu?
3) If you compare (E) and (U) with either PJ or 1964 you will notice that the (U) version seems to have more audio problems (no matter how big or small), thats just the way it is (even though PJ seems to emulate the (U) version pretty well), so if you want to play RE than i advise you to use the (E) version which is stated in the Ini (and rom browser), and use Azimers Audio v0.30 (old driver) or any Azmiers Audio.
4) This game wasnt something we concentrated on, and RE isnt 100% supported in any plugin or emu anyway.
5) That screenshot shows a Z-Buffer problem, but if you use the noted plugins, and you start playing the game instead of seeing that screen and stopping, youll notice once you get going its playable, as im just about at the end of the game myself with only the Z-Buffer problem (see through objects).