What's new

Serious Issue

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
I'm using 1964 right now because it is the only emulator that I can run Zelda 2: MM on right now. The only problem in that I can't use any keyboard commands such as save or load or exit, etc.
My specs are:
P3 450Mhz
Voodoo 3 2000 (latest drivers)
SB PCI 512
yada yada yada

And I'm using the .4 version of Glide64, Basic Audio plugin 2.0, and N-Rage's V2 1.81, plus the RSP plugin from JP64 1.5. I'm using 1964 0.8.5. I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but I can't exit fullscreen, and I can't use any keyboard commands whatsoever, so a little help please. Thanks.

Sorry probably should have mentioned that I'm using WinXP pro, and i couldn't get it to work at all on Win98SE.

Dr@mer

Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n Roll
Run again 1964 version 0.85 use "Jabo's Direct3D6 v 1.5",also use "Azimer LLE Audio v 0.50.2 Beta" and the input plugin you are currently using.Enable RSP and run the game.

Check this configuration and if it doesn't work post a new reply. ;)

OP
J

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
Well D3D video plugins don't work for me at all. I've tried them all, and I have to use a glide based plugin. hence the reason that Glide64 works for me. and I'm also not sure where to get the audio plugin you specified, I can only find Azimer LLE Audio v 0.50.1 Beta not 0.50.2. Not that that would seriously improve the situation in my opinion. But the fact remains that glide64 is all that works for me and i can't exit fullscreen

OP
J

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
No I'm not some crazy newb, alt+enter does not work, and neither do any of the F* keys for like saving or ending emulation. And I know that PJ64 will emulate the game, but it's too slow on my machine, so 1964 is pretty much the emulator best suited for it in my case (trust me I've tried others.) and it's not just the fact that it does this with Z2:mm, it's any rom. I've tried it on my bro's comp (full screen), and his works fine but he has a radeon 7200 and uses Jabo's I think, but sufficeth to say, i couldn't recreate the problem there. Is Glide6 v.4 supported in 1964. The only thing I can think of is that it's either my v-card, or my plugin.

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
He said he was using Glide64. Glide can't render in a window, so that's why 1964 doesn't like Alt-Entering back to desktop. You could try a different plugin, like Rice's Daedalus 4.6.0 or glNintendo64() 0.3.2b but I doubt they cope well on the Voodoo3 (both use OpenGL and not D3D).

A simpler solution could be to use the function keys to pause emulation, and then alt-enter *should* work since 1964/Glide64 isn't trying to render to screen. I don't know what to make of the keyboard being disabled though, perhaps you're trying after alt-enter'ing and the emulator has basically crashed?

*EDIT* I just remembered, Glide64 was updated to 0.41 recently - you might want to use that instead.