What's new

screen resolution

DonnieDarko

I've never had problems like this before. When I play games part of the bottoms of screens are cut off, so in other words, the game doesn't fit the screen. This mostly just happens with the menus because most of the games have an option to change the in-game resolution (for like sports games and such). This just started happening and I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm sure I could manage without fixing it, but that would be a pain to play like that. Thanks in advance for your help.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well, most likely your monitor has a fixed position for that resolution and the game uses a refresh rate different from what the monitor was set for. Its merely a matter of using the monitor controls to re-center the image on the screen. My monitor can only store 1 set of settings for each resolution, if I use 2 different refresh rates with one resolution, then this causes a problem with the monitor adjustments. If the game will let you, change the refresh rate to match your desktop refresh rate. Or you could do the opposite and change the desktop refresh rate to the same as the game.