What's new

Saving game data

Sirakoz

I'd like to know if it's possible to save the game in chankast. If it's possible, could someone please tell me how?

Sorry if this has been posted before. I searched but didn't find anything.

suronosuke

the first thing you need to do is FORMAT your memory card, to do that make sure to not have a game or a img/bin etc loaded into your cd-rom drive or the virtual cd-rom emulator (deamons/alcohol).

after that run chankast and it should boot to the bios, this is where you select the VMU icon (its dancing u cannot miss it).

press your A button on the VMU and it will take you into another new window.

In this window you will see a dreamcast joypad (icon) and underneath a VMU (icon), this icon should have a red cross with a circule around it, which indicates that it is not formatted.

Now select that VMU icon and press A and a window should pop up with 3 options. Copy All, Delete All and Cancel. now select the middle option, Delete all (memory reset) and press A. this will open up another little window with the options YES or NO. Select YES and another window opens.

In this window you will see the VMU icon, the options select and cancel and various cute looking icons. Now if you wish to use use on the the cute looking icons, just use your controller to move above your desired icon and press A (this is completely optional). once that is done just go back the select option and press A, the next window comes up,

This window is similar to the previous window only this time you can select the colour of your VMU (optional) once done just go back to the SELECT option and press A and A again. Once done it will confirm your memory card has been formated.

Your done, just close the emulator load your game and run chankast and you should be able to shave.

Last edited: