What's new

Running a game locally -

The Lump

Sup guys :)

I'm pretty much new to this forum and have a question - can't roms/games be run locally from your computer instead of having to use a cd?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Ditch Chankast and use nullDC. Not only is it far better than Chankast, but it let's you run games "locally" (as you put it). If you really want to use Chankast, then you need to use virtual drive software (like Daemon Tools) and mount the image before booting it in Chankast.

OP
T

The Lump

Thanks for your post dude and yeah I'll take your suggestion :)

P.S. - Locally is actually a term that means(in terms of computer) means to simply use files of your hard-drive...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
P.S. - Locally is actually a term that means(in terms of computer) means to simply use files of your hard-drive...
Yes, I know what it means. I was just messing with you. :)

In any case, nullDC's ability to load CD images directly without any middleware is a great thing. Not that it's hard to set up a virtual drive, but it still involves more work.

OP
T

The Lump

lol, but technically it is not easy to set one up as you do not do it yourself but the program does it, all you do is set the parameters/options... This is one thing I hate about people, they end up taking 100% credit for something they have help with. The actual fact is that programs deserve more then half the credit for any piece of work.

Thanks for your help :) What is middleware?