What's new

ROM Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

cs1323

I notice in some games like Zelda 64 where the title shows "ELDA"
without the "Z" or a black Mario's face at the title screen in Super Mario 64 and the obvious blue gun in Goldeneye when Bond comes out and shoots. I'm just curious, when i d/led these were they kinda goofed up or is it the way the guy created the rom himself?:thumbsup:

How do people create roms anyways, do they attach a Nintendo 64 cartridge to the computer or something? I'm interested to learn more.:sleepy: :thumbsup:

-XAgent_ToXiCiTy

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
There is nothing wrong with the roms. The problem is your video card. Your card must be under recommended specs for n64 emulation.

OP
C

cs1323

Ah, so the rom may sometimes not load completely, so my comp leaves out things that should normally be shown...

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Umm... no. It loads completely but Project64 asks your video card to do things that are beyond it, so it gives graphical glitches. The solution may be as simple (and cheap) as new drivers, but the speed's probably below par too so the best solution would be a new, AGP-style, graphics card.

OP
C

cs1323

Yup, i need a better video card then the one i got, how much would an average card go for? ... ;p

OP
C

cs1323

Thx for the help guys i appreiciate it! ;p!
Others are welcome to reply some more!

Eagle

aka Alshain
Try www.pricewatch.com for price guides. Geforce 2 MX400 64Mb is about $40 Geforce 4 MX420 is about $70 I'd go with the Geforce 4. For a little more you can get a Geforce 4 MX440 for about $75 and a MX460 for $120. Really the Geforce 2 isn't worth it anymore.

rikus

oh and try this....
MUHAHAHAHA you suck! haha!

(umm...sorry bout that,heeheehee,just had to oblige..)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
rikus said:
oh and try this.... MUHAHAHAHA you suck! haha!

Or try this... How about you grab your slut video card and shove it up your ass... We Help and you talk shit... typical lamer.. :plain2:

OP
C

cs1323

typical idiot is what you are, is that what you for a living is talk shit? newb loser, cpu cockmongler! we dont need you or your sh#$$ duplicate user names! go away!

OP
C

cs1323

nvm, i figured the matter out, sorry cpu master, i didnt mean a thing....F##$#$ $K@#J$#@$)(*#)$*#)($*)($ ~yes im mad at myself

rikus

rikus said:
oh and try this....
MUHAHAHAHA you suck! haha!

(umm...sorry bout that,heeheehee,just had to oblige..)

guyz..ummm, note the brackets thing, it was a joke..like ...loosen up...um...:bunny: ..this has got to be the best greeting i got as a newbie forum...see my other posts and think if i'm a kid....jeeez

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
cs1323 said:
typical idiot is what you are, is that what you for a living is talk shit? newb loser, cpu cockmongler! we dont need you or your sh#$$ duplicate user names! go away!

Um... You talk more shit and then this?

cs1323 said:
i figured the matter out, sorry cpu master

*shrugs*

You said sorry, Sure... Just dont put our anger towards someone else next time..

Status
Not open for further replies.