What's new

RocK & roLL will never die

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Jeez, the rock & roll scene is pretty hurtin these days. I was jammin to a bit of The Who realizing what amazing music has been created. The bands of today suck for the most part, the wicked solos and sweet riffs don't come out on the main scene these days. After watching 'Some kind of monster' the metallica dvd of the creation of the St Anger album I was appaled at how such an amazing group should turn so pussy. I think I need to step up under the lights and kick out the jams the way they were ment to be played. I wanna inspire people like Black Sabbath, Rollin Stones, Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Ac/Dc, Hendrix... I mean, what happened to gettin really drunk and stoned and just rockin it out.... I'm sick of all this clean shit, this 'emo punk' repetitive bullshit.
Does anyone know of a new band that has Rhandy Rhodes/Jimmy Page brilliance?

2fast4u

oh please, not another all knowing semi godly music expert. pick up a fricking guitar and do something better but please stop whining.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I hate all music, there is no good music these days.. blah blah blah.. i'm TEH Expert.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Quite clearly the market is having undesired effect on the labia of the musical industry! Yes I used labia in a sentence.

dogdogwoof

Part-Time Coder/Sleeper
hmm i may as well say what im listening to in my playlist.
Killswitch Engage, Queens of the stone age,Mudvayne, Kasabian, Disturbed, Foo Fighters,Grinspoon, Audioslave, Gorillaz, Papa Roach, Taking Back Sunday, System of a down, Yellowcard, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Greenday, Slipknot, Funeral for a friend, The Zutons, My Chemicial Romance, Coldplay, Switchfoot and Jet. talk about genre mix!

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
dogdogwoof, Mudvayne is freakin awesome! Did you get the new album "Lost and Found"?

My list is like that...But 40 Below Summer makes an appaearance too :D

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
< Aprentice > playing: "Hackers Delight - Dark Engine Is My Tool" [160kbps][44kHz][Stereo]

Music is one of those things that you either love or hate.

Some people think an Artist Rocks, while another thinks they are {}:{

Some people enjoy easy Listening, while others think the easy listening is once its switched off. it all comes down to personal tastes in the end.

The Music Industry has always governed what the public should have and not. Personally the Internet has allowed artists who don't want to be ruled that way get their stuff out to the public and be appreciated. Viva Le Internet.

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
I dunno, it seems like the spirit of revolution has been lost... it seems people are taking our pseudo-democracies like a bitch. I just wanna see hippies and headbangers again... not goths and preps.
This original post was dumb, I was just bored.

dogdogwoof

Part-Time Coder/Sleeper
Rom Manic said:
dogdogwoof, Mudvayne is freakin awesome! Did you get the new album "Lost and Found"?

My list is like that...But 40 Below Summer makes an appaearance too :D
i've got all mudvayne albums :D and lol@ vampireuk

2fast4u

tye stik said:
I dunno, it seems like the spirit of revolution has been lost... it seems people are taking our pseudo-democracies like a bitch. I just wanna see hippies and headbangers again... not goths and preps.
This original post was dumb, I was just bored.

i somewhat agree with you there. at least the mainstream rock "scene" has become a conformist part of the market a long time ago but i take it there will always be such a thing as "popular music" which suits the mainstream taste. im much more into punk rock and metal myself so i dont get bothered by it too much :)