What's new

Rice's Daedalus Plugin 4.2.0 feedback thread

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Ucode for Conker and DKR is not supported. Sprite2D is not supported in openGL. If just colors are not correct, you can try Normal Combiner / Normal blender, or use other opengl engine, or use other DirectX combiners to see the differences.

Of course there are many problems for many games, otherwise there is no need anymore to improve it. But I don't see big problems for Zelda, at least not in the picture you posted.

I hope someone can make a compatibility list for me to see the complete list of problems.

Last edited:

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Rice said:
I guess you should check your driver. You have Geforce2, OpenGL should just work as good as DirectX. Does other opengl plugin work for you?

That's what's strange about it. In the last version of your plugin, the Direct X wouldn't work, but the Open GL did (I got a lot of "streaking", i.e.; the images would streak and overlap, creating a neat but unplayable image). Now, NONE of the OpenGL modes on your plug in work. My other Open GL dll's (TR64 OGL, 1964 OGL) work to varying degrees, but at least you see something.

I'll try to mess with the drivers, but the truth is, I like the new ones, as it solved a redraw problem on wave files in SONAR, so I may be stuck.

I'm at work now; maybe later I'll load the older plugin and put a screen or two up.

Thanks for the help. :)

IDIOTFIRE

help me

:baaa:

um........ can u set up some games for me to download?
I dont have any. :cry:

If possible The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask.:emutalk:

:linux: :linux: :linux: :linux: :linux: :linux: :linux: :linux: :linux:

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Re: help me

IDIOTFIRE said:
:baaa:

um........ can u set up some games for me to download?
I dont have any. :cry:

If possible The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask.:emutalk:

It would figure, after a year of being able to help myself with emulation via this board without posting much (ya'll some SMART somahnab**ches), that some moron who saw "Ooo N64 on my PC!!!" on Google or somesuch decides to play the poster child for kids who DIDN'T benefit from Hooked on Phonics. Nice nickname. Friggin' hack.

TOOBTSUM.

Sorry, had a rough day. Carry on.

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Good work Rice!

I think you need to work on the overall speed of the plugin, at the moment its really slow compared to Jabo's D3D6 1.5. In addition, many textures are still missing (eg Zelda games) so I suggest you work on that too... Untill then, Jabo is still the king :p

Goodluck Rice, Hope everthing would work out! :1964: