What's new

Rice Settings

OmegaDeus

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with my rice settings. I've been playing around with it for a few days, but here's my issue:

When I'm playing OoT or Majora's Mask (haven't tested with other games yet because I'm mainly focused on these two for the time being) it seems to run very well except for two things. A lot of the particle effects ( glow around the sword when charging, floating particles in kokiri forest, tunnel waves when playing songs) all lack color, and when it hits a video sequence the framerate drops from 70 fps to between 7 - 10. Other than that I've had no problems, I can get my textures looking magnificent, and can almost make link look like a real boy. But even reverting my settings back to normal and unloading all high res textures, it still will not help these two areas. Any ideas how I might set up my rice plugin to fix this?

PC Specs:
Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/22/2006, 22:48:34
   Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
       System Model: VT8367-8235
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Duron(tm) processor,  MMX,  3DNow, ~1.6GHz
             Memory: 256MB RAM
          Page File: 312MB used, 305MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce2 MX/MX 400
         DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0110&SUBSYS_40021B13&REV_B2
   Display Memory: 64.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: COMPAQ MV540 Color Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1024,768
      Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0010.8195 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
 Driver Date/Size: 11/11/2005 13:47:00, 3924992 bytes
      WHQL Logo'd: Yes
  WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
              VDD: n/a
         Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 11/11/2005 13:47:00, 3532928 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4250-11CF-A058-086013C2CB35}
        Vendor ID: 0x10DE
        Device ID: 0x0110
        SubSys ID: 0x40021B13
      Revision ID: 0x00B2
      Revision ID: 0x00B2

UPDATE: I've got the movies playing right, and have gotten the particle effects to color properly, but in doing so I caused the heart containers to look weird, have the notes when playing a song that look strange, and my time meter to look screwy. I got the movies running right by turning on the skip frame option, and as far as the particle effects go, that was fixed by changing from directx render to opengl render. If nobody else solves my problem i'll post updates as I fix it so that others can learn from my mistakes.

Okay here goes a few extra tidbits.
  • Time meter only screwed when time is slow
  • Hearts always screwed
  • Actually didn't need skip frame in opengl
  • Line get's drawn from the center left of the screen to dead center of screen when in a vid sequence (like when slowing or speeding up time)
  • Seemingly some of the texture effects (2xSaI, sharpen, sharpen more) won't affect properly until a fresh load of the game is running... weird.
  • Tooltips can help.

Hrm seems that the notes on playing songs issue doesn't limit itself to LoZ: MM, it hits up LoZ: OoT pretty fierce too. But one difference is the hearts still look normal on OoT.

Last edited:
OP
O

OmegaDeus

Still having some problems with Rice, I've changed every setting I can think of, but my hearts in LoZ - MM still look messed up and the Ocarina Notes are screwed in both versions of LoZ.

Here's a Screenshot.