What's new

Resident Evil is looking evil.

djdon

:p
As soon as I start the game using Glide Wonder++ and Mupen 64 0.5 windows it starts flickering very badly till I enter the gun shop ,it also flickers while opening doors.

With Project 64 1.6 and Glide Wonder ++ the graphics are okay and there is no flickering but the voices(dialogs) of characters are not emulated.

With 1964 and Glide Wonder++ every thing runs at 120 fps and flickers very heavily.

I have tried every Glide wonder++ cofig possible and both Zeckensack's and Hacktarux's wrapper

Pc config
Amd 64 3200+ socket 939
Ati x850xt Platinum Edition
1 gb ddr 400
Creative Audigy.

In Mupen the game runs best but the only problem is flickering .Is there any way to fix it or is it happening because of missing Pixel Shader 3.0 support ?

mudlord

Banned
Well, that depth problem should have been fixed using zeckensack's wrapper. I'll check out the problem to see if I can reproduce it, too.

The problem has nothing to do with lack of Shader Model 3.0 support in your card, its purely a depth buffer issue that is not fixed yet in the official wrapper. AFAIK, zeckensack's wrapper should fix it...dunno why its not working for you...

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
AFAIK, with Mupen the game is flickering only in the begining. Try to pass first few screens.

OP
D

djdon

It seems that flickering takes place when there are things like fire rendered in background and there are zombies walking about the place like in beginning and in front of police station after getting out of the bus.
the flickering stops when all the zomies are killed :gunman: :)

Also in project 64 voices are emulated with resident evil europe version with
Azimer's 0.55 alpha audio plugin but the sound is very choppy.

This sound problem is solved to some extent in Pj64 1.4 audio fixed version but it hangs occasionally with error like "WTF ,branch likely, next instruction=3" which can be cancelled by pressing enter and the gameplay continues.

But the game is very playable as on Mupen as long as I keep on killing all the zombies rendered in the flickering area :evil:

mudlord

Banned
It seems that flickering takes place when there are things like fire rendered in background and there are zombies walking about the place like in beginning and in front of police station after getting out of the bus.

Works fine for me with zeckensack's wrapper...I just used the default Glide64 settings, with HWFBE disabled and depth buffer render turned on...

mudlord

Banned
The FMV (video) sequences in RE2 work perfectly with Glide64...Also, the sound for me runs great for me too (running latest PJ64 beta sound/RSP plugins), but I'm pretty sure Mupen64 would suffice too...

OP
D

djdon

:mupen64:
As you can see there area many small graphical errors but the most prominent are
flickering and in many scenes 2d background is not rendered in about 2 inches on the right side of the screen also ending is not visible
also some objects like fire are translucent instead of opaque but I know that this error is because of wrapper .

Also in Fmvs the video and audio streams are not synchronised audio runs faster than video .

But apart from these errors the game is playable .

kijuta83

I'm having problems with depth rendering on Mupen64 i have installed zeckensack's wrapper , glide64 and everything is working perfectly sept the depth. I can see through objects, i have a radeon X850 series everything else is nice but everytime i turn the Depth buffer render on it slows down to like 2. FPS and cant do anything just laggs like crazy :( i would post screen shots but i kept getting errors uploading it sorry

Last edited: