What's new

Resident Evil Code Veronica

GX-Virus

Is it just me, or does this game kind a lag a bit when fighting zombies or something like that? Even on "Above Normal", the framerate isn't that stable when playing the game. Anyways I can improve this? Plus, I lose sound for some reason.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Known issues. You can overclock/underclock the Dreamcast CPU with +/i and see if that helps.

JKKDARK

Right, I'm using the PAL version and I can't do anything :S overclock/underclock can't change the speed for me :S

OP
G

GX-Virus

Agozer said:
Known issues. You can overclock/underclock the Dreamcast CPU with +/i and see if that helps.

+/i? Is that plsu and minus sign or something? I'm sorry, I don't know alot about this emulator.

Mouser X

Take a look at your number pad (usually on the right-hand side of the keyboard). On there, there's a + and a -. Make sure you have numlock on, and if you do, then pushing those keys will increase, or decrease the emulated Dreamcast CPU speed (or, that's the idea, I think). At least, as long as the emulator is actively emulating, that is. Hope that helps. Mouser X over and out.

OP
G

GX-Virus

Mouser X said:
Take a look at your number pad (usually on the right-hand side of the keyboard). On there, there's a + and a -. Make sure you have numlock on, and if you do, then pushing those keys will increase, or decrease the emulated Dreamcast CPU speed (or, that's the idea, I think). At least, as long as the emulator is actively emulating, that is. Hope that helps. Mouser X over and out.

I have a dash or hyphen on the numpad, but i have the minues and plus sign next to my backspace. So I'm guessing I have to hit those right? Id there anythign that changes or that lets me know the CPU? Is it those green letters?

Mouser X

On my number pad, on the far, far right, in fact the last keys on the keyboard, going right, there's a big "Enter" key (well, the key is big, but "Enter" is written small). Immediatly above that, is a really big "+" key (Same as the "Enter" key, this one is big, but the "+" is small). Immdediatly above that, is a regular sized "-" key. Is yours configured the same way? Because pushing the + and - keys from anywhere else on your keyboard is not going to produce the results you're looking for, if it produces any at all. In other words, if you can't find a "+" and a "-" key on your number pad, take a picture of your number pad, and post it here. Are you on a laptop? If so, then it's possible that your number pad has had keys removed to save space.

The keys will increase, or decrease the emulated Dreamcast CPU. Those green numbers AND letters you're refering to should indicate which numbers represent the CPU speed. If you're not seeing those numbers change, then you're pushing the wrong buttons, or don't have numlock on. Hopefully I've explained this throuroughly enough for you. Good luck on getting it working. Mouser X over and out.

Last edited:
OP
G

GX-Virus

Mouser X said:
On my number pad, on the far, far right, in fact the last keys on the keyboard, going right, there's a big "Enter" key (well, the key is big, but "Enter" is written small). Immediatly above that, is a really big "+" key (Same as the "Enter" key, this one is big, but the "+" is small). Immdediatly above that, is a regular sized "-" key. Is yours configured the same way? Because pushing the + and - keys from anywhere else on your keyboard is not going to produce the results you're looking for, if it produces any at all. In other words, if you can't find a "+" and a "-" key on your number pad, take a picture of your number pad, and post it here. Are you on a laptop? If so, then it's possible that your number pad has had keys removed to save space.

The keys will increase, or decrease the emulated Dreamcast CPU. Those green numbers AND letters you're refering to should indicate which numbers represent the CPU speed. If you're not seeing those numbers change, then you're pushing the wrong buttons, or don't have numlock on. Hopefully I've explained this throuroughly enough for you. Good luck on getting it working. Mouser X over and out.

Okay, I found the keys, but when I increase the CPU, the game hangs or does something wierd. I'll try doing it before I start the game. Anyways, I hope they fix this games compatibilty with the emulator.