What's new

[Request] Demul with debugger

joelgil11

Hello, first of all I want to thank you Demul devs for this incredible emulator, my first choice for Dreamcast without a doubt.

Now, there are a lot of people (me included) in need for a dreamcast emulator with debugging tools and I think Demul can do that.

I already have Demul v.0.4.9 (unofficial build? I can't find it on the official site), which has a built-in debugger with memory editor, ASM viewer, breakpoint funcionality and all that good stuff, but It's a very old build and it does not boot/run the games I need to test. I REALLY need runtime breakpoint functionality with a dreamcast emulator to help in some of my testings.

So Demul devs, it would be awesome if when you release another alpha/beta build you can include this same debugger with the new version, or even a new one it you want, but please consider this request as it can help a lot of people in the Dreamcast scene.

Thanks in advance. :tup:

spotanjo3

Hello. Demul 0.4.9 WIP (Not unofficial build) was very old version in 2008. You will need to update. The latest version is 0.7 Alpha released in 19 July 2015. They are still working on the next one but be patient. Here:

Demul 0.7 Alpha 221215

Enjoy!