What's new

Record of Lodoss War Start Crash

gzspike

Well I have a RoLW .cdi image which I mount with daemon tools although a mysterious thing is it is classified as an audio cd but dunoo what that is meaning. So when I start Chankast with the cd mounted and have the right drive selected it gets to the screen where it says in all caps Sega and a coupel seconds after it says this I get the program made an error and needs to close message from windows. I have windows XP and Chankast 02.5 and the disc says selfboot.

Any clues on how to get it to work and oh yeah i do have the flash and bios file sint he right directory.

aika-san

are there files on the .cdi? more specifically, is there a 1st_read.bin file and an ip.bin file?

Try using a different version of Daemon Tools. I read that most people are having success using v3.29, although v3.46 is the latest (i think...). :happy:

Last edited:
OP
G

gzspike

Yes, there are 1st_read.bin and ip.bin files and they are each 32 kB. Although windows thinks the disc is an audio CD but there are many files on it mainly consisting of dat and sfd types. If you want to see a screenshot of how it crashes or the files on the CD i coudl take one, although I have a feelign that you know what I'm talking abotu witht he windows program needs to close thing which I believe is also known as doctor watson? Oh, yeah Im using v3.46 of daemon tools, I'll give your suggestion a try thought but where do you download the old version, I can only find the latests on their site. Oh yeah thanx for the help and cool car! Say do you recommend it for a first car? lol just wondering since it is around da block :party: .

Last edited:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
if the 1st_read.bin is 32kb, then it's not a 1st_read.bin... it's an ip.bin... if you use ipbin4win on it and you will find what is the real name of the 1st_read.bin...

and daemon tools 3.29 is in archives section on their site

aika-san

gzspike said:
Yes, there are 1st_read.bin and ip.bin files and they are each 32 kB. Although windows thinks the disc is an audio CD but there are many files on it mainly consisting of dat and sfd types. If you want to see a screenshot of how it crashes or the files on the CD i coudl take one, although I have a feelign that you know what I'm talking abotu witht he windows program needs to close thing which I believe is also known as doctor watson? Oh, yeah Im using v3.46 of daemon tools, I'll give your suggestion a try thought but where do you download the old version, I can only find the latests on their site.

Here's a link to daemon tools v3.29

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=Download&id=27

On the 5th page of this thread there is a method describing how to recreate both ip.bin and 1st_read.bin using CDRWin and ipbin4win for any game:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=21191&page=1&pp=15

Can't say whether it will work for you or not.

gzspike said:
Oh yeah thanx for the help and cool car! Say do you recommend it for a first car? lol just wondering since it is around da block :party: .

Yep. VR Commodore is wild first car. :bouncy: Getting cheaper too. Had it for 12 months. 190000 km's. All stock standard except exhaust (2 muffler boxes + resonator + catalytic convertor). Does 220 km/h easy enough. Got ABS, IRS, Cruise Control, central locking, alloy rims. Real quiet too. Doesn't draw police attention like other cars I've had. No problems other than power steering weeps slightly. Will fix when it gets bad enough. In Australia Commodore's are the most commonly stolen car though (easy to break into), so make sure you lock it up properly, get alarm, use steering lock.

Last edited: