What's new

RE: Veronica sound disappearing

voodoo47

RE: Veronica sound disappearing

is there anything I can do to prevent sound from dying so often? I have tried various bioses and configurations,but no matter how hard I try,the game is always a deaf mute after 1-3 minutes of playing..

OP
V

voodoo47

yeah I know,but that wont really help,because the sound is gone again after few screens.I know there is no permanent fix,but I was hoping to at least improve it a bit..right now,its like 95% of the game is without sound.oh well..

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
what mother board do you use?

i know it sounds strange but chankast seems to over heat a chip on motherboards that's called the "south bridge"

if you take the side off your case and see if there's a fan or heat sink on it, (you might have to visit the board manufacture to see where the south bridge is, but i doubt it has any heat sink or fan)
as my south bridge chip was hot enough to burn my finger when running chankast and soul cal, and after adding a heat-sink to it, i don't suffer any sound loss now

or if you have a house fan, take the side off of your case and have the fan blowing cold air into it, then try it

OP
V

voodoo47

nope,I really doubt its due to overheating,because there is no way something can overheat in such a short time (start emulator,loads a save,next screen the sound is gone).I dont mind not having sound in game,but there is no sound in the cutscenes as well,and that kinda takes away all the fun..any chance I could enable subtitles somehow?