What's new

Rayman 2 - The Great Escape problems

SpagettiM

First of all, the game works great while in play mode. The graphics is a lot better than I would ever imagine, and even though the sound crackles a bit, it's really nothing.
My problem lies during the movie scenes, like, when I can't play, I just have to watch. The sound is really slow and bad, and what I can hear sounds disturbing. The graphics okay, but some of the textures disappear during these cut-scenes. My specs are below, and I have default plugin settings.
Hope someone can help! :)

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
It's probably just incompatibilty with 1964... have you tried using Project 64? Also, I think your specs are fine, especially in terms of CPU. Mine is 2.8GHz and I'm able to run SM64 and screen record quite nicely at the same time. =]

OP
S

SpagettiM

I see. I've tried it with PJ64, and it was almost incompatible. It went too slow to play on every plugin configuration.
Now I have a new problem though. After using quicksave (F5, but I don't know if it's got anything to do with that), the sound stopped, and it has been ever since. I've turned the emulatore on/off lots of times, but the sound plugin won't open and the game remains silent..

Btw, SM64 demands very little, I think. It went really smooth on my comp as well, both on Pj64 and 1964. ;)