What's new

Question about SSF

Kenji X

Hi.

I was just wondering what was the last version of SSF that used SSE1 CPUs before requiring SSE2 cpus?

thanks!

Borisz

it was 0.07 prototype 11' i think. It had no VDP2 nor sound though. 0.06 alpha 4 was the last one with backgrounds but its a lot slower.

OP
K

Kenji X

thanks for the reply :)

well the pc i had before was damaged and I got a new one with a Sempron 3000+ and the emu now runs fine. I'm using 0.07 Alpha R12 since the newer versions crash when I setup the options when the emu runs. I'm new to this emulator so I need to test more.

Does enabling Direct Draw make emulation faster? I think I noticed a slight speed up when I enabled it.

And on a weird note, the game I tested (Radiant Silvergun) runs from the CD, but it won't run from the image file (mounted on Daemon tools 3.46) even if I use the correct region option. (I get that space BIOS screen instead) what could be causing this?

thanks for your time :)

Borisz

Direct Draw makes SSF pass on the screen drawing to your videocard. Depending on your card, it may make it faster, for me on my geforce 4 mx it is actually slower. Just use whichever works better for you.

You may forgot to set up the correct drive when using the cd image...

OP
K

Kenji X

No, I did set up the correct drive. The BIOS recognizes the image as an Audio CD actually. :( Then I tested Guardian Heroes using an image and that one did work though. Odd.

Last edited: