What's new

PS3 delayed for europe

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
SlimickGamer said:
But PS3 has a 20/30GB SATA Hard Drive that Wii doesn't. Wii only has Flash Memory which is kinda disappointing for me since it's only 512MB (I think).
And what exactly do I need that HD for?

Cobrax1884

Banned
Ehh, you don't get it, do you? If you buy a PS3 game you can copy it on the HD so you wont need the CD to play got that?or here's a thing you can do :evil:
Go somewhere you can borrow games for free (yes there are places like this :))and dump them on the HD.

Doomulation

I don't rent games because I import. Although if the thing is region free, I could still borrow locally, but I won't be getting a PS3 anytime soon. And who the hells dumps a game onto the HD? It won't last for more than one, two, maybe three games with their insane HD Graphics and Blu-ray crap.

revl8er

That Damn Good
There is bound to be some kind of protection against copying games on the HD, I mean I doubt they want companies losing money like that.

Hardware is the wrong thing to be looking at. The average consumer is going to be looking at the selection of games that are available and the price tag. Most people could care less about how fast the processor is, or how much RAM there is, or the amount of storage space. Not to sound like a Nintendo fanboy, but I think Nintendo knows this, and that's why they're still around. Sony and Microsoft seem to be focusing on putting out entertainment centers which have game playing as one of many features. Nintendo on the other hand is focusing purely on games, and by doing so is able to keep the cost of their systems down. PSX and N64, PS2 and Gamecube, PSP and DS, all three times the systems came out with similar price tags, but Nintendo had the lowest price by the end.

I think hardware is something to be looking at now, because a lot of gamers these days worry about graphics in games. They would rather have their games look nice than to have good game play. The price tag is a big thing for a lot of people, cause seeing how the ps3 is gonna run $500 to $600 a lot of people arent gonna be able to afford this. Now for Nintendo keeping their costs down, that hasn't stopped Sony from coming out on top for the consoles at least. The reason for this is the lack of games on Nintendo consoles. The n64 did have a nice library of games and I thought it was gonna come out on top with games such as Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye, but somehow Sony came out on top. Now for the Gamecube, they really had no chance against the PS2 because of the games they had. Now hopefully Nintendo learns from their mistakes and can come out on top this time around.

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
As are a lot of people because it came out first, but that still dont change that I believe its a piece of junk. Maybe I will change my mind when I find a game that I want to play.

Doomulation

Everyone has the right to an opinion. revl8er thinks Xbox360 is junk, and so may revl8er think. You have no right to question that. Be satisfied that YOU think it is a great thing.

No if you have HD you can download games and add-ons for the games you have for that console, for example PS3, has a built in modem which you can connect in a breeze, go online, download, then save it in HD plus you can save games in it like XBOX and you can put music there too (If you have a home theatre system and play it there) and etc.....

Doomulation

High Definition stuff eats up all the space in no time, as I explained. I don't a freakin' expensive Hard Disk when I can save all my save games on a non-expensive, cheap, memory card of some type.
Again, music I listen on MY PC. And dammit, lots of DVD-players nowadays can play music, too. And not only CD-Audio and DVD-Audio but mp3.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you how things can be mixed up after the second millenium and how things are so diverse and I can't choose easily. Oh well, I guess I'm sticking to my MP4 Player :p

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Well I was in two minds about getting a PS3.

But this settles the deal for me. They can shove it up their arse.

PS3 will be over-hyped, over-priced, and now... over-due.

Flash

Technomage
Doomulation said:
High Definition stuff eats up all the space in no time, as I explained. I don't a freakin' expensive Hard Disk when I can save all my save games on a non-expensive, cheap, memory card of some type.
In case of $ony there won't be any cheap memory cards. PS2 anyone ? You'll need to pay about $30-35 for a 20 cent 8M chip, two chips even below 20c two pieces of plastic and PCB - 3 bucks will be quite big price for such piece of crap. They ask $30... I think i owe lots of beer to modchip and uLaunchELF developers (don't say anything about AR Max, once it erased my memcard.... grrrrrrrr!!!! ) - folder with PS2 save backups on my PC is about 800Mb.
And don't tell me that Sony's firmware developers forgot about gzip and other stuff like that, they did it on purpose, with games like GT4 and Jak 3 you'll be forced to buy their memcards.
PSP... 2Gb MS Duo costs more than two times more than 4Gb SD...

P.S. Maybe i'll buy PS3, but of course about year or two after launch, i don't want to test hardware for my own money, also i want GAMES, not another SFEX3 or RR 5 :D :D :D

Last edited:

Doomulation

Flash said:
In case of $ony there won't be any cheap memory cards. PS2 anyone ? You'll need to pay about $30-35 for a 20 cent 8M chip, тwo chips even below 20c two pieces of plastic and PCB - 3 bucks will be quite big price for such piece of crap. They ask $30... I think i owe lots of beer to modchip and uLaunchELF developers (don't say anything about AR Max, once it erased my memcard.... grrrrrrrr!!!! ) - folder with PS2 save backups on my PS is about 800Mb.
A don't tell me that Sony's firmware developers forgot about gzip and other stuff like that, they did it on purpose, with games like GT4 and Jak 3 you'll be forced to buy their memcards.
PSP... 2Gb MS Duo costs more than two times more than 4Gb SD...

P.S. Maybe i'll buy PS3, but of course about year or two after launch, i don't want to test hardware for my own money, also i want GAMES, not another SFEX3 or RR 5 :D :D :D
Indeed, but do you think they can continue doing like that and expect to keep the market?