What's new

Project64 1.7 furthering development?

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
I can't find my topic. :borg:

I just wanted to know if PJ64 1.7's a dead project or not. I want to donate and gain access, but I would only consider doing so if the project is ongoing instead of dead.

My previous topic vanished hence why I created a new one. As to why, I do not know. It's now lost in a matrix somewhere in the internet where nobody will ever see some valid points I made again.

ShadowFX

Guardian
None.
I recommend you only donate for the hard work they already put in until 1.6. But don't just do it just to gain access to the beta's.

I'd say, unofficially dead.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
It disappeared because i requested a staff member do something about that arsehole Biosphere. i didn't intend on the topic entirely being removed though >.>

microdev

It disappeared because i requested a staff member do something about that arsehole Biosphere. i didn't intend on the topic entirely being removed though >.>

Well, if Biosphere was worth a ban than squall_leonhart might be at least close to it. No matter how offending a language used is, responding at the same level is by sure not a sign of strength of character.

@squall_leonhart: I really like to ask you to watch your language used in the future. As I don't know you, I can just speculate why you have this tendency of being rough to active users (this statement is independent of your dispute with with Biosphere). But it definately is no means to bring more life to this forum.

squall_leonhart

lol.

The project is not dead, it is unofficially on hiatus as neither jabo or zilmar have the time to work on it at the moment due to changes in their life circumstances.

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Alright. Thank you all for your contribution to answering my question.

It's a good reason to donate for the work put into Project64 1.6, but my prime motive is to hopefully instigate a renewed effort towards the 1.7 build.

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
It should be allowed if nobody is attributing to the progress. Those people may not feel obliged as they may be satisfied with what work they've done. Allowing new and fresh coders into the Project would renew much interest, probably flare ideas only those coders imagined allowing them to incorporate it into the program, and finally complete the long awaited final build.

I would love to donate, but only towards progress. Although, I do appreciate the work done in the past, I have college tuition and expenditures as well. I also don't have money that I can spend lavishly. If I were to donate, I would do it for a formidable reason as I have provided.

squall_leonhart

Which will not happen, might I add...

Don't speak so negatively. lol.

1.4 was released with the intention of getting others interested.

We are at a point where people ARE interested in contributing development wise, so its a good time to release the source.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Although PJ64 1.7 has not had much activity lately theres still reason to donate.

Theres been a few good updates to the emulator and the plugins thats worth having and if nothing else it supports the team.

For example Dr Mario, various fixes to Goldeneye/jet force gemini and user inferface improvements all over the board. Banjo-Tooie does not crash anymore (As far as I know). Theres more stuff but i'm not going into that.

That will have to be good enough for you, if not then don't donate its as simple as that.