What's new

project 64 and xp

sirearl

ok, someone HELP me!!! I recently installed windows xp on my computer, and got all the latest drivers for it, but now there are a few games that don't work very well with the emulator, so far I've only played a few, but of them Golden eye (the one I most wanna play!!!), and banjo kazoie have become a lot less playable.
In golden eye, on the first level for example the ground is invisible, and lots of the walls also... and I've also noticed slowdown... on banjo and a few others all I've noticed is quite bad slow down... like BAD slow down!! (40fps or something similar)... anyway, I've had no problems with anything up until the instalation of xp... and it's really annoying me! If noone can help me I'm gonna have to reinstall 98 just to get it working... cos I LOVE this emu, and don't want to have to stop using it! Anyway, I'd really appreciate the help if anyone has any ideas!
See ya

Sir_earl

OP
S

sirearl

hmmm, well first up, I don't see how that's really relavent.... considering everything was going great with win 98.... but if ya must know, I've got an Athlon 900, 128meg ram, geforce2 MX, and of course xp (professional edition). thanks for the help

Sir_earl

CLSugarman

don't touch the compatability mode. itz the games. Goldeneye and Banjo kazooie are 2 of the the 6 games that have slow down issues.