What's new

Project 64 1.4 Public Released!!!!!!

Evil Squall

The Dark Master
WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my best christmas present!!!
This really cool!!!! go get it now, guys!!!!!!

http://www.pj64.net

guess this post is too empty, hehe, here is the quote from PJ64 latest new, sweet!...:D

Happy Christmas,
Here is our gift. you can download the final version of pj64 from the download page. As many of you know this is the final version of project64, all good things have to come to an end sometime. Both Jabo and me are going to be focusing on things in real life and do not have the time or desire to keep working on the emulator. We have both achieved all that we wanted with writing this program and it is time to move on.Now that development has stoped smiff will stop his support of the emulator in the manner that he has done since before it was released. Smiff’s web page will still contain all the information and support he has done. I would like to give a really big thanks to smiff for all the work he has done. I would like to also thank martin and redah for the running of the project64 message board and hosting us. Eagle and the Gentleman for all there work with the cheat files. Anarko, BreakPoint, cricket, _demo_, Duddie, F|res, hwnd, Icepir8, Lac, Lemmy, nrage, rcp, schibo, slacka for all there support and help over different times over the past 4 years of development.
Since this is the last version some of the source is now available for others to continue the project if they desire, or just to help the existing emulators.

PS Also emubook also been uploaded to http://www.pj64.net/emubook

Last edited:

EeeK

Haha....I know there will be a christmas present. Guess my sixth sense was right afterall...kekeke

Thanks Jabo and PJ64 crews...

OP
Evil Squall

Evil Squall

The Dark Master
Since this is the last version some of the source is now available for others to continue the project if they desire, or just to help the existing emulators.

*sniff* *sniff*
this is the really sad thing.... but at least, it become open souce now....

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
even tho i spent this christmas by myself cause my wife left me (like i needed the bitch)and took my kids. :donzingof
i must say this is the best christmas ever thanks to z&j for releasing v1.4

my thanks to all the :pj64: staff

Slougi

Wow this release rox!
Since I am not sure if this marks the permanent leave of Zilmar Jabo and Smiff of the emulation scene I wish that all will go well for those three. Especially Zilmar whom I know didn't enjoy coding pj64 any more, at least in the end. I hope you guys will stay around and chat on irc every now and then.
Also I want to congratulate Eagle and Gent on the excellent cheat codes, also all others involved in this emulator for their dedication witch made this all possible for me and for all the other users. "For free and for fun". :)
Slougi
:pj64:
This is one day in emu history that won't be forgotten.

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
So what are we going to do in the pj64 forum now?
Some one is thinking to continue the work?

It's kinda sad... :cry:

Slougi

Johnny_Rico said:
So what are we going to do in the pj64 forum now?
Some one is thinking to continue the work?

It's kinda sad... :cry:
It is sad but life goes on :)
Everything comes to an end sooner or later. But pj64 will have a special place in my heart just as UltraHLE has :alien: :blush:
Again thank you for the release and the source code. The souce will undoubtedly help many people who are atm coding emus. :thumbsup:

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
I want one person to write here in the forum that he is going to use the source code...

(Just to make me smile... :) )

Moonlight

Hehehe.

I'll have to look into the source code just of of curiosity - see what's included and what's not.

It's a little sad that it's over but there's always hope that someone will pick it up where it's paused.

(I'm going to have a look at the CPU emulation, see if it looks like something I would be able to work with.)

[but fiiiiirst, let's see what happened with PJ1.4!]

Eagle

aka Alshain
Most likely, the source code is so complicated that only minor pieces will be able to be extracted for other use.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Eagle said:
Most likely, the source code is so complicated that only minor pieces will be able to be extracted for other use.
lets hope so, i don wanna see a Magic 64 anytime soon ???

Mayco

is it the full source? cuz zilmar says

"Since this is the last version some of the source is now available for others to continue the project if they desire, or just to help the existing emulators. "

i hope it is the full source...

Moonlight

A quick peek at the contents says the source code zips include the PJ64 shell with CPU cores and that's it.

No GFX, no SFX, no input - most of the Nintendo-specific stuff left out.