What's new

Problems with Turok & Turok II (not the one you think)

Lebon14

True ROM names :
TUROK_DINOSAUR_HUNT
Turok 2: Seeds of Ev

Hi. It took 15 hours before I receive my confirmation mail for this board... anyway, off-topic.

I decided to play Turok yesterday evening. So I start up PJ64 and set my controls to my XBox360 controller to fit Turok's controls. So, I start the game with the GLN video plugin... black screen.

Seeing that, I change to Jabo's Direct3D 8. Still Black screen. Naturally, I tried them all. I tried all version of the game including european and it's still not working. I thought it was my HyperThreading Technology, so I reboot and activate it the BiOS... still nothing. Reboot and put it off again. (I had a lot of app crashes because of that technology).

So, now, I'm seeking for help because I'm not able to play both Turok games (I don't like Turok 3) because of black screens.

Needing my specs and app version and rom true name? OK.

Pentium 4 3 Ghz with HT
2 GB of RAM
ATI Radeon X600 Pro 256MB
200 GB of HDD internal
250 GB of HDD external

Project64 v1.6
Jabo Direct3D 8 with default settings (except screen resolutions)
Latest drivers of everything

I followed everything online. Checked the GameFAQ but the my problem is not list.

I don't think I have forgot something

Please help me! :(

P.S : All other games works except the Turoks.

OP
L

Lebon14

Sorry for 2x posts... but I don't know why out of the blue... it worked. Last time, there was no sound (No sounds plugin') but I played the DK64 intro (Stereo Mix) to have it on my HDD and tried Turok right after... it's working but needs sound to work.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Use Jabos sound plugin, audio plugin options disable "sync game to audio" and it should work.