What's new

Problems with Animal Crossing

blood-jeen

I cant play Animal Crossing :yucky:
this is what happens, I load it, it shows the nintendo logo in a flash and then the screen gets black, what can i do?

Last edited:

jareg

Just A Guy
blood-jeen said:
I cant play Animal Crossing :yucky:
this is what happens, I load it, it shows the nintendo logo in a flash and then the screen gets black, what can i do?

You cant to anything the game does not run on the current released version of Dolphin ;)
AKA you can play it only with a GameCube right now :)

xero9009

I'll assume you never tried to play games on Dolphin...
If you bothered to know anything else about Dolphin other than it's a Gamecube emulator; here's a quote from the readme.txt:
Dolphin TEASER
by F|RES and ector
2004-01-26
An experimental Nintendo Gamecube emulator

IMPORTANT:
===========================================================
TEASER means that this is just a public preview of what we
have been working on on and off the last 7 months. Do not
expect to play any games to completion, there is no saving
support, etc. We're not guaranteeing that it will run on your
computer or that anything will work at all. If it does,
good for you, have fun :)
I think that about answers your question.
No emulator is perfect. A guy can't go "I'll think I'll make a Gamecube emulator" and create in a matter of monthes. It is very complex, hard, and takes a lot of work. It's a meracle that it emulates the Gamecube in some way at all....

Games that work (from what I know) somewhat are:
Bust-A-Move 3000 (G3SE) (Works, minor glitches)
Crazy Taxi (GCTE)

Some other games work too, but crash a lot (with GFX problems, and all that). Menues and titlescreens work too in some of them, but crash trying to go ingame.

OP
B

blood-jeen

but someone else said it only works on Dolphin, or was it with cubextender :yawn: by the way does someone know how to use cubextender?

IceWarm

First off this is not the forum for Cubextender, secondly if you really want to play Animal Crossing get a real Gamecube. Emulation for the Gamecube won't be perfected for a while as I see it so you are better off getting the real system if you want to play Gamecube games.

IceWarm

Also the name Cubextender sounds lame, sounds more like a penis enlarger pump than a GameCube emulator. :yucky:

don't say you don't have the real game, people here get offended. emulation is not for playing games ... it's supposed to symbolize how far we've come as a society and the eternal struggle for human existence.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
SoberAnalyst said:
don't say you don't have the real game, people here get offended. emulation is not for playing games ... it's supposed to symbolize how far we've come as a society and the eternal struggle for human existence.

ROFL Emulation is completely opposite from how far we've come as a society, as a matter of fact, we haven't made much progress at all as humans since creation/big bang/whatever.

xhispage

www.BlueCode.Cjb.Net
Also , the version that is in developemnt now , the one that the screnshots of Animal Crossing shows , only gets 0.8 FPS.