What's new

Problem With Zelda: The Wind Waker

yegosimo

Bug Killer
I GOT PROBLEMS WITH THE DOLPHIN PROGRAM AND THIS FULL-GAME ROM I JUST GOT.

THESE ARE MY SPECS:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.50GHz, ~2.5GHz
Memory: 502MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Description: Realtek AC97 Audio
LITE-ON DVD-RW 48X
SAMSUNG CD-R
40 GB Storage​

THE PROBLEM IS SIMPLY THAT IN THE WIND WAKER MAIN SCREEN, IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING, JUST STAYS THERE, AND WHEN IT DOES THE COMPUTER RESTARTS.
ALSO, WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT MY COMPUTER.. IS IT GOOD, AVERAGE OR A SHITTY COMPUTER ?

THKZ

Mouser X

Well, it looks like your caps-lock, or shift key is broken. So, until that's fixed, I'd have to say you computer sucks. Other than that, it might be good, but I really can't tell with all the "SHOUTING" going on... Please fix that first. Mouser X over and out.

Clements

The video chip in your computer basically robs it of all possible gaming performance and image quality. The chip is not supported by Dolphin.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
shit .. man !
gotta buy an nvidia card..
its just that my comp is the best around here
thkz

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
but my pc does run games like
need for speed underground 2
fifa 2006
age of empires 3
... i dont c that it's shitty

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
yegosimo said:
but my pc does run games like
need for speed underground 2
fifa 2006
age of empires 3
... i dont c that it's shitty
It is quite shitty from an emulation point of view. GameCube emulation especially.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
can u guys recommend me a video card. . specific brand n model ?
i think i'll buy one n i dont know much of this

Clements

Heh. My university workstations use the same graphics chip. I tried running UT2004 Demo on it, and it was a slideshow in all resolutions. The chip does not support hardware T&L, pixel or vertex shaders of any kind, or anti-aliasing. The performance and featureset is inferior to the GeForce 4 MX 440 - a video card I had five years ago - which is currently gathering dust somewhere.

The card cannot work with Dolphin, and support for this chip will likely never be added.

DOGG

yegosimo said:
can u guys recommend me a video card. . specific brand n model ?
i think i'll buy one n i dont know much of this
Something like this

cheap leadtek card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122201R

more options:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2000380048+1067910550&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48

make sure you get an AGP model if your computer doesn't have a PCI-X slot (most likely this will be the case)

Your computer isn't very strong and there's no use getting a more powerful card.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Having a new video card in your computer will only allow you to run some games at low fps. That's all. You won't be playing gamecube games if that's what you're hoping for.

Last edited:

BoggyB

PCI-X is a souped-up version of PCI, and usually only found in servers. PCI-X and PCI-express are very different.

BlueFalcon7

zion said:
Nvidia. I have a 256mb FX5700 and its never let me down.
If your not super hardcore with graphics and dont want to spend alot, I would recomend an nVidia Ge-Force FX-5200, AGP is decent, but your better off getting the 256 MB Card, It wont be too bad if you get a 128, but 256 is noticibly better. It shouldnt cost you more than 70 USD.

Im Dumb

I also got a problem with this game but it's not the same problem he has. I load the rom everythings cool until it says my memory card is corrupted and needs to be formatted.. I press yes and then it says the mem card cant be used with this game AND AGAIN your memory card is corrupted blah blah.h.. and so on, it never ends. How can I fix this? thanks

BlueFalcon7

Oh just so you know, your next problem after this will be that the game runs at 3fps, seriously, and so you know in advance, we all have that problem, and theres no way of fixing it currently (maybe in a year or 2.)

Your next problem after getting around playing the game at 3fps, will be that the game crashes when you get your first item, you will have to wait for a new version of the dolphin, it is unknown when this problem will be fixed.

Anyways, the answer you need right now: just play the game without saving.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
there's another solution
dont waste ur money on graphics cards, motherboards, memories just to play a game that is in a somehow illegal way
use that money to buy yourself a gamecube like i just did
u will save a lot of time, headaches and your graphics will be simply perfect