What's new

problem with video output

mesman00

What's that...?
hmm, now this is weird. when i use the tv out on my geforce4 ti 4200, the video doesn't show up on my computer...like i can see my desktop and everything else, but the window that the video should be playing in is just black...everything worked fine before i had to reformat my computer, anyone know why this is happening?

btw, i have the latest drivers from nvidia, 40.72

Last edited:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
maybe the 40.72 drivers are the problem. have you tried using some older drivers like 30.82 or 29.42?

OP
mesman00

mesman00

What's that...?
they worked w/ the latest drivers last time... i think, ill try that in a minute or two

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Check in the Overlay options of your advanced display properties.. For the new 40.72 drivers you need to enabled the "full screen device".. The zoom options on the bottom are for overlay options.. Try it out.. The overlay option filters your video through the graphics card.. :)

OP
mesman00

mesman00

What's that...?
there is no option for enable the full screen device, the only thing in the drop down box is disable

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Looks like you're only using your TV eh.. Or are you trying a Dual Monitor Setup? If your doing Dual Monitors, First thing is to check the Nview properties and see if both monitors are there(TV and Computer Monitor).. Then choose "clone"(this will just do a cloned desktop on both displays).. Then check the overlay options again.. If you want a Panning Dual Monitor setup, then restart your computer with both the TV and the Monitor connected..

OP
mesman00

mesman00

What's that...?
i have it set as clone, but i don't want a pan, but i still can't check the overlay option, it just says disabled, with no other options

*edit* we are talking about the full screen Device here, what i need to enable? still can't to it

OP
mesman00

mesman00

What's that...?
if i change the primary device to the tv, then the video displays on the tv, but not on my computer, how do i do both, arggggh