What's new

Problem With VBA 1.7.2

nrh101

I try to play games and every now and then it starts to lock up every time i try to play a game. But later, it works perfectly. Can anyone help me figure out how to keep it from lock ing my computer up? I tried looking at the other threads but found none with my prob.

OP
N

nrh101

I guess i can try to clarify some things.... The program always loads up good. It's just when i select a game that it locks up. It does that for every game i try, so i know its not a bad game file. Im open for any suggestions to try and get this fixed.... I even downloaded it again from another source thinking i just got a bad file, but it still does that. Can anyone help me?

gamerk316

do you have the correct bios file...there were two, and only works.
Its the gba[ts2].bios or something like that...be sure you have that and see if it helps.

OP
N

nrh101

gamerk316 said:
do you have the correct bios file...there were two, and only works.
Its the gba[ts2].bios or something like that...be sure you have that and see if it helps.

I havent been using a bios.... but i think ill try your suggestion, thx. Ill let you know if it helps or not. :)

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
To be honest, i think the bios file won't help. As you said, you've been using the emulator without the Bios, maybe another program is causing the lock up's, try to see if there's some strange program in the Task Manager.

Ieremiou

If you have your task manager window open (and if you're using Windows XP) see if anything is hitting like 100% CPU power (which is basically what freezing or locking up looks like.) Often it is caused by a Virus Scanner or something similar just sort the list by CPU usage and see if anything maxes out while you're running VBA.

OP
N

nrh101

Ieremiou said:
If you have your task manager window open (and if you're using Windows XP) see if anything is hitting like 100% CPU power (which is basically what freezing or locking up looks like.) Often it is caused by a Virus Scanner or something similar just sort the list by CPU usage and see if anything maxes out while you're running VBA.

Would that lock the mouse up also?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Maybe you changed VBA's priority. When you start the emulator go to "options --> priority" and make sure that it is at "normal".

OP
N

nrh101

PsyMan said:
Maybe you changed VBA's priority. When you start the emulator go to "options --> priority" and make sure that it is at "normal".

your right... i did change the priority. But i changed it to high or highest, cant remember which one. Do you think that could still be the problem?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Afaik, it doesn't matter. However I changed the priority it didn't give much boost nor slowdown. If you got many background processes, I suppose high is better, though.

It hasn't caused any problems for me at all, though.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
nrh101 said:
your right... i did change the priority. But i changed it to high or highest, cant remember which one. Do you think that could still be the problem?
Well, depending on the power of your CPU setting this above normal (or higher) may lead to severe problems. Just try setting it to normal and see if it works :)

OP
N

nrh101

PsyMan said:
Well, depending on the power of your CPU setting this above normal (or higher) may lead to severe problems. Just try setting it to normal and see if it works :)
k ill try

OP
N

nrh101

well...it seems to be working every time for now....thx for all the help guys, Ill ask back again if it does something else wrong.... lol Thanx again :party: