What's new

Problem with Project64 1.6 closing in 12 seconds

YetTo_BeNamed

On February 16th, I installed Project64 1.6 on my Windows 7 computer. I played one ROM game for 2 weeks and then quit for a while. Tonight, when I open Project64, it stays open for 12 seconds and then closes. I don't even have time to load the ROM before it closes. It had been working flawlessly prior to this evening. What can I do?

OP
Y

YetTo_BeNamed

No Error messages are displayed. The program appears to launch correctly. If I am fast enough, I can use menu bar commands but then it shuts down.

dazey238

I had this with another program and it turned out to be that I had Ad-aware installed as well and it was shutting it down!

Try disabling your antivirus/internet security software or uninstalling Ad-aware if you have it on your machine.

R

raganinjo

Right click with mouse on Project 1.6.exe,then choose properties and change Compatibility mode to Windows XP.

OP
Y

YetTo_BeNamed

When I posted this problem last week, I wasn't getting any messages from my anti-virus. I tried running it in XP mode but received messages that audio pluggins were missing. I tried the 2 above suggestions this morning and Avast Antivirus gave me a popup that it was running the program in the "sand box". I was given the choice to run it normally which I selected. After that, everything has been fine.

Thank you for all the suggestions and help. It is greatly appreciated.

Martin

Administrator
When I posted this problem last week, I wasn't getting any messages from my anti-virus. I tried running it in XP mode but received messages that audio pluggins were missing. I tried the 2 above suggestions this morning and Avast Antivirus gave me a popup that it was running the program in the "sand box". I was given the choice to run it normally which I selected. After that, everything has been fine.

Thank you for all the suggestions and help. It is greatly appreciated.

That's good to know for future reference, cheers :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Project64 works fine under Windows 7. Windows XP compatibility mode shouldn't even be considered an option.

OP
Y

YetTo_BeNamed

Project64 works fine under Windows 7. Windows XP compatibility mode shouldn't even be considered an option.

It is working now without being in Compatibility mode. It appeared to be the Avast Anti-virus running it i the "sand box".