What's new

Problem with Cd2 of Shenmue2

misaki

Banned
Hi,I've just finished Shenmue's cd1(I play with an image)but i can't play cd2!
I've put the iso in a virtual cd,i've set the correct drive but i can't run this game...please help me!

massiliattak

I've got the same problem for Shenmue I & II CD2, CD3, CD4. It freezes when "Now Loading" appears.
I hope that these problems'll be fixed in the next release of Chankast.

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
if you look at previous threads youll find chankast doesnt support disk swapping, so swapping cds will not work ;)

so you can play disk 1, but thats it.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yeah just save it, close chanka then start up disc 2 then load the file. :)

edit: Why the hell did I just respond to a banned member? :p

CrazyYatta

lmao. thats great, but still, how hell could someone even get through the first disc of that game in the emu? i'd rip my hair out and scream to myself "WHY AM I DOING THIS WHEN THERES A DREAMCAST RIGHT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM?!"

westywestuk

shenmue 2 cd3

im having the same problems where chankast stops responding when i load shenmue 2 cd3, i am NOT trying to disk swap, cd's 1&2 load and play fine (with the slowdown's and sound issues mentioned in the compatability list) but at the now loading screen on disk 3, the chankast stats stop updating (fps and cpu display) and in task manager chanka is charging away at 99% cpu, i have tried from both image and cd, 0.25a and 0.1a both with the same results, any info would be great as i am one of the lucky one's who's dreamcast has a nasty habit of reseting it's self (although i have found a temporary fix for this).
im running chanka on a amd xp 2600+ 1.92G, integrated geforce 4 mx (i know, i know) on-board nvidia ac'97 sound card and 192mb memory, (256 in bios though)

ND47

I have this problem too, with the disk 2 & 3 of shenmue 2, and disk 3 of shenmue.
I don't know what to do, I just hope the next version will fix this ;)
Be patient !! ;)

adriadb

I had the same problem,but I fixed it by putting the bios language in english,thats it,and then the game will load without problems,I had the bios in spanish language,and that was the problem.
Enjoy playing! (will shenmue3 appear?? :D)

ND47

adriadb said:
I had the same problem,but I fixed it by putting the bios language in english,thats it,and then the game will load without problems,I had the bios in spanish language,and that was the problem.
Enjoy playing! (will shenmue3 appear?? :D)

It works !!! My bios was in french. I put it in english.
adriadb I love you !!! :naughty: :p THX :cheers:

westywestuk

Worked here too!. although i had my bios in english already, i just put a fresh copy of the spanish bios in, chaged the new one to english and shenmue 2 disk 3 now loads! me thinks i owe Adriadb a beer! cheers.