What's new

Problem: Progressive slow down?

wywywywy

Hi,

Basically, my Chanka slows down progressively on my PC...

I usually play only Street Fighter III Third Strike, the first round I would get about 50fps, then the second round it would drop to about 45fps, then about 40fps, then... etc until it would eventually (after about 10 rounds) only do about 15fps which makes the game unplayable.

I am wondering, is it a problem of my PC, or is it a Chankast behaviour?

I am using a Sapphire PCI Radeon 9200, with Matrox Parhelia at AGP. I use the 9200 as primary so Chankast is rendering on the 9200. In the control panel I set DirectX to "Optimal Performance" with VPU recovery disabled.

I am using the latest Omega ATI driver, I tried two previous versions as well. Motherboard drivers are up to date.

I have 512mb ram in total, with plenty left for running Chankast, also have a lot of HDD space left, using a P4 1.8ghz (845PE) overclocked to 2.7ghz.

Chankast version is 0.25a, but I tried 0.2 as well.

knowitman

Chankast uses more CPU then graphics card for rendering. It could possibly be because you have your processor overclocked.

OP
W

wywywywy

So that can only be good rather than bad, ain't it...

By the way my system is totally stable, tried running the Pi calculation program for 7 days 24/7 without crashing.

Mant0r

-0r
No ideas here.

Just so you know, I play almost exclusively Street Fighter 3 Third Strike (it's the reason I got Chanka) and have experienced no such slowdown :huh:

The symptoms you describe sound like a typical memory leak, however if Chankast had one then it would occur on pretty much everyones system.

OP
W

wywywywy

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
SF3 is the main reason I got Chankast too, and also I wanted to see what DC web browsers are like...

Memory leak was indeed the first thing I checked.
But I had task manager open and I was constantly monitoring the memory usage while playing, and I did not notice anything unusual.

Although the memory usage is constantly increasing, it is only a very small amount, like 40mb (or something like that) from start to finish.

Many thanks.

OP
W

wywywywy

I am wondering is there any keyboard keys I shouldn't be using?
I am now using W A S D I O P K L ; and all the arrows.
I couldn't find any info on shortcut keys, but I remember someone saying R is for screenshots so I shouldn't use. What about other keys?

Thanks.