What's new

Problem (PKStadium2) & Question (1.7)

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
First with the question. I've been seeing these 1.7 Beta Posts everywhere for the past two years now. I'm a minor and have no way to donate money what-so-ever so getting the beta is obsolete for me. I'm truly wondering if there is a 1.7, if so when is it coming out? Is it coming out?... Ever?

Now to the problem... I can't seem to play Pokemon Stadium 2 because after the initial screen with all of the Pokemon it gives me that error message that prompts me to send it to Microsoft and then it closes right after that. I don't know what to do at all. I'm at a stalemate.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
if Zilmar was able to work full time on it, it would be ready alot quicker.. but its good they are taking an long time to work on it, because it means more bugs are found and features are added.

chiklit

First with the question. I've been seeing these 1.7 Beta Posts everywhere for the past two years now. I'm a minor and have no way to donate money what-so-ever so getting the beta is obsolete for me. I'm truly wondering if there is a 1.7, if so when is it coming out? Is it coming out?... Ever?

According to the donation page before they updated the layout on pj64.net. It'll be coming out sometime after 2008. It does exist though.

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
What?!?! 2008? That's rediculous. I'll be graduating High School by then... The Mayans predict the end of the world by 2012. Are you serious? Ugh... I'll try to donate, but I don't think the original PJ64 took this much time to come out. That was when computers weren't even a fraction of what they are now. I would help with the project, but I don't know all too much about C++ and programing. I plan to make my own computer though.

I'm saddened though. I really am. I wish there was a way that it could come out sooner.

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
from starting to to 1.0 - about 3 years
1.0-1.4 nearly another year

at that time I was spending 40+ hours a week working on it.

Thanks for the effort, but some of us are really chewing out lips in and out. If you could at least make the beta available for everyone. Not everyone can make the donation which really sucks because I know I would. I would also help in programming, but as I said I would more than likely do more damage then help. Plus, I remember joining these forums in 2005 or at least seeing them. It's been about 2 years and I would hope that whatever issues left by 1.6 were made for cleanup by now. I'm sorry for all of this, but I'm distraught. 1.6 is killing me with all of the plugins and adjustments I have to make.

P.S. Is 1.7 Skinned? I might be able to do that much for you.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Learn to be more paitent young padiwan, theres no chance of 1.7 becoming a public beta, 1.7 only exists because of the donations so no dice. 1.7 is skinned in the about window but thats about it, I personally don't see much reason for the app to be skinned at all.

So lets recap, Public Beta = No donations which = No motivation or support for hardware to help build the emulator which = no 1.7. If you're in high school you shouldn't be playing emulators anyway. Spend more time on your studies.

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Yeah, because you're an adult you shouldn't be playin' them either. You should be workin' like a slave at your job. Get real.

The person that started this project didn't work off of donations, but because he wanted to try something new. He hooked everybody on the drug so the least he could do is either keep goin' with it or stop upgrading period. If he needs motivation to update it then the fact of the matter is that he shouldn't be working on it in the first place. If you sellout and do it for the money then you sellout period. I might as well learn how to make the sumbitch myself. I might get it done sooner. Who knows and better if I try hard enough.

Is anybody going to help me out with Pokemon Stadium 2?

chiklit

Yeah, because you're an adult you shouldn't be playin' them either. You should be workin' like a slave at your job. Get real.

The person that started this project didn't work off of donations, but because he wanted to try something new. He hooked everybody on the drug so the least he could do is either keep goin' with it or stop upgrading period. If he needs motivation to update it then the fact of the matter is that he shouldn't be working on it in the first place. If you sellout and do it for the money then you sellout period. I might as well learn how to make the sumbitch myself. I might get it done sooner. Who knows and better if I try hard enough.

Is anybody going to help me out with Pokemon Stadium 2?

You'd be surprised how many people do things for money. It's not like he's making you pay for the final version or for 1.6. And I'd imagine a lot of people would rather pay him to keep developing it than to have him just drop the project because he doesn't feel like developing it anymore.

As far as your Pokemon Stadium 2 problem, I don't know. I just tried all the versions of it I had with both Jabo's 1.6 and Rice's plugins and they all ran fine. Maybe it's a bad copy?

Last edited: