What's new

Printer Problems

Stezo2k

S-2K
Hi,

I have had my Lexmark Z22 for a while, and i havent had a problem, even when upgraded to windows XP (had to install new drivers tho)

I tried to use my printer today to print off covers for my m8s latest mix and nothing will print at all. Ive checked the connection, plugs and they are fine, ive tried restarting and allsorts, and it still doesnt work. I also downloaded the latest drivers @ lexmark.com, and wouldnt install when i clicked "add a printer" i got this error when i clicked "add a printer" in the printers section of control panel, heres the error

Any help would be gr8

Stez

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
i also checked the cables again, the printer is securely connected and seems fine, the port is working ok, cuz my flash advance still works. I tried using a USB cable for it too, it recodnised it, and didnt install properly, i also tried installing the xp drivers for it by using the hardware wizard, it said something like RDP not enabled or something.

Any1 know what this means?

i pretty badly need to use my printer :(

Stez

Eagle

aka Alshain
My mom has a Z32. All I have to say is get a new printer cause...

1. Lexmark printers DONT like XP
2. Lexmark printers plain suck to begin with anyway

We had the same problem with the Z32 and friends with a variety of Lexmark printers had the same problems with XP. Its just the brand suck and the XP drivers are shite. Sorry m8.

Slougi

I have a z31 that has worked fine in 95/98/ME/2k/XP. Maybe your chipset drivers got fucked up or something?

Eagle

aka Alshain
Some of them work but they are very tempromental. The only way I found to fix the problem was reinstall XP and then it was quite random as to whether or not it would work.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
Eagle said:
My mom has a Z32. All I have to say is get a new printer cause...

1. Lexmark printers DONT like XP
2. Lexmark printers plain suck to begin with anyway

We had the same problem with the Z32 and friends with a variety of Lexmark printers had the same problems with XP. Its just the brand suck and the XP drivers are shite. Sorry m8.

its ok m8, its just its been working fine for the last year or 2, even on Xp for 5 months, i just dont get it

Thanx for the help

Stez

iq_132

Banned
<a href="http://drivers3.lexmark.com/drivers.nsf/printer+driver/FCCCBEA24F4F420885256AF0007815A6?OpenDocument&Lexmark+Z32+Color+Jetprinter
">Drivers ;)</a> I'm sure you've tried it, but just it case you haven't.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah ive tried it a lot of times, ive even tried my printer disc, it says somthing like spooler not enabled, and it wont let me install it cuz of "not enough space" well i never expected the cd to run with xp anyways

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
go to start>run>type in "services.msc" without the quotes. Look for this:

(set it to automatic, and hit START to start the service).

Last edited: