What's new

Prey motion sickness

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I have motion sickness and vertigo when I play Prey for a while. I know that many people feel sick when they play FPS, but I don't remember of any FPS or any kind game to cause me any stuff, even with Doom3 that has the same engine as Prey. So any experiences of you guys?

mudlord

Banned
I have very similar experiences with Prey. Because the game runs so smooth & when walking upside down for me, it really messes with my head, like in a way to make me vomit. On some occasions, especially, walking for minutes at a time upside down makes me quite queezy.

I also had problems with Half-Life 2, like with the motion sickness (especially the airboat chapter). So this does effect me quite a bit. I'm not sure though if Valve patched it through thier updates though...

Trotterwatch

I had a bit of this in the demo actually, same with Alien vs Predator which also made me a little queasy. That whole running on the ceiling thingy.

smcd

I've not had this happen to me with Prey. Early on in my FPS playing days (and 3d games in general) I had problems with "spatial orientation" so to speak, and often felt weird after playing, a slight headache or the like.

Miretank

Lurking
LOL, pretty interesting! I've just played FEAR almost now for the first time and I felt a bit sick. Dunno if it's motion sickness or the hot hell my room is. But do you play games too near to you monitor? I guess that's a clue of your motion sickness too.

smcd

My troubles seem to have dissipated the more I've played 3d games :p They no longer affect me in that manner.

A.I.

Banned
Motion sickness/disorientation/headaches: Possible signs of oncoming epilepsy!!! I get the same effect with light straboing.

The longer you are exposed the more chance you could suffer from a mild epileptic fit or even brain damage!

Your brain is trying to tell you something dude! I'm no Doctor but the human brain doesn't cope well with sensory overload!

smcd

Heh, I suppose it's bad that fluorescent lighting and CRT monitors below 85hz (and tv, sometimes) can get annoying to me too then eh? :p