What's new

Possibly a mupen64plus port of the DynaRec?

agsgymboy

I don't really know how to program very well, so i thought i would ask... Isn't there a way to port the extremely compatible 1964 DynaRec for use with mupen64plus, and make it multi platform? If someone was able to do this, all of the OS X and Linux owners would really love and better, faster, and more compatible dynarec. I hope someone rises to this challenge! :mupen64:

OP
A

agsgymboy

his elfes would have a better chance, THEY HAD TO MAKE/PROGRAM A Sound-of-speed rocket sled for pete's sake! Seriously, does anyone on this forum know enough enough about bith Mac AND Pc programing to do this?

Shin_Gouki

you are living distant from reality :/
try for yourself then you hopefully realize something. You see i'm bored and polite and that's why i gave you an answer ( although a bit short). But there is a reason why no one respond to this, and it's not that this forums are quite dead anyway :D

Last edited:

death--droid

To port DynaRec from 1964 to Mupen64 Plus would require a whole rewrite of it since it was not build for the Mupen64 Plus core.

HCK91

You are talking about the x86 recompiler, aren' t you? Because if you aren' t, I' d like to inform you that a PowerPC Dynarec for Mupen64 is being written.

HCK91

Well, this MIPS2PPC recompiler is being written for a Wii homebrew port of mupen64 0.5, and it will be open source.

Now, due to the memory limitations of the console it is being written for, that would be necessary to adapt the code to run into mupen64plus on linux PPC environments. I am no programmer (not yet :p) so IDK how that could actually be done, but I' m kinda sure that most of the code could be recyclable for a mupen64plus dynarec.