What's new

[Pokemon Snap] Red dot / pkmn sign decisive solution

renatov

Hello all, I registered just to post this thread. I've searched a lot in the internet and a lot in this forum too about the problem with Pokemon Snap that has these symptoms:

1. There is no red dot when you aim at a pokemon
2. There is no identification of what pokemon you are shooting
3. When you shoot a pkmn sign and try to show it to Prof OAK, it says that there is no pokemon in the picture

All the rest of the game is ok (as long as "Copy framebuffer to RDRAM" is enabled in Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6). I searched this forum about this Red Dot / Pkmn Sign problem and I found a lot of people talking about it, but no decisive solution at all. Someone even said "Search the forum, this question has been answered 20 times bla bla bla", but really, I exhaustively searched this forum and I found no solution. The closest I got was a post where a guy said that he solved the "red dot problem", but there were no instructions about how he did it.

So, please, is there any decisive solution to this problem already?

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.53 video plugin is and can only be used on project64 1.7 and these forums do not support pj64 1.7. If you are a donator and member of the forum you would know this and would have already posted about it? Maybe you are using a hacked version of 1.7 which is also not supported or welcomed on these forums as well as the project64-emu.com forums.

OP
renatov

renatov

It's Project64 1.6, check the post again, I attached a screenshoot showing all plugins in use.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Try the latest Glide64 graphics plugin, it's far better than Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin.