What's new

Pokemon for pc!

thetooth54

hi i have the idea of making a pokemon game for a pc but rather an emulator that only plays the rom thats built into it that way its like its a real game not just an emulator with a rom

so i need to know what i'll need to do such a think. i've seen it done with a mame emulator useing a bat script so i was wondering if i could do the same thing

oh and i really want to use no$gba because its awesome speed and competbilety but if thats imposerble just let me know

-TheTooth (still learning eng soz)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What you ask is impossible, because the game code only works in the system the game was created for. MAME is an emulator that emulates a number of arcade hardware, so your reference to MAME is both wrong and moot. What you've probably seen are MAME cabs that simply boot up MAME, ready play, instead of loading up any GUI components of Windows first (or use a DOS frontend like ArcadeOS) and then requiring the user to start the emulator -- it's still emulating games via an emulator, nothing more nothing less.

For a truly standalone game without any emulator involved, you'd have to port the game to the PC, effectively meaning that you'd have to recode the platform-specific parts of the game. You'd have to have access to the source code of the game, and Nintendo is the last one to ever give you such an opportunity. They'd sue you first a few dozen times for violating copyright.

Last edited:

Mega Mario DX

It is possible to use RPG Maker of some sort to recreate Pokemon, but you'll have to have late nights, plenty of coffee and such to code something like that.