What's new

Plz help me with Zelda MM error!

DarkMasterSword

I downloaded Zelda MM for pj64. I open the ROM to play it and after I press start in the title screen to enter the main menu, a pop-up box appears saying "Failed to open flashram." Then I go to to the main menu and create a file. Right after I make a file and press A to play it. I suddenly appear in the Mayor's Residence and I can't move. The camera is first-person and time does not move. I don't have any cheats on either and I re-downloaded the ROM multiple times from different sites but no luck. I use doperoms.com most of the time to get games. Can someone plz help me? Thanks.

I made a vid showing the problem. Go to this link:
Once again, thanks.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Don't tell us where you download your illegal software. We don't need to know.

Make sure that your ROM is good. Simply downloading from different sites doesn't mean that can't be corrupt.

OP
D

DarkMasterSword

Oh. I'm sorry. Anyways. I think my ROM is good. I think I heard that if the file name has (!) symbol in it, that means is a good ROM. Idk.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Oh. I'm sorry. Anyways. I think my ROM is good. I think I heard that if the file name has (!) symbol in it, that means is a good ROM. Idk.
Yeah, if the ROM filename has a [!] in it, that means that the file in question is a verified good dump.

As a final measure, just install Project64 to a fresh directory. At least that eliminates the possibility of Project64's files (cache, RDB, etc.) being corrupt.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Vista - Install to the root hdd, instead of Programs files.
XP - Make sure you have full read/write permissions for the Pj64 folder and all sub folders.