What's new

Plugins?

dakirbydude

i try to open my zelda Ocarina Of Time Rom but i cant because it says the plugins have not succesfully been initialized...how do i do this and i need help:angry: :( and i try to configure the video plugin...i think that might be the problem but when i do it just says initialize the dll...:(

Last edited:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
You need to tell us what your video card is. Does the error message mention Direct3D? If so, you video card probably does not support Direct3D8. You can try using the Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2 plugin to solve this problem.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
CF2 said:
You need to tell us what your video card is. Does the error message mention Direct3D? If so, you video card probably does not support Direct3D8. You can try using the Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2 plugin to solve this problem.

you will never get a message saying you don't support DX8 unless your using drivers that don't support it.

all cards can support the basics of Dx8 (basics being, pure TnL and fixed function)

even a Geforce 4 mx can run using the Dx8 plugin, the only problem is certain textures are black (becoz the plugin uses shaders to render these)

if the plugin isn't initalising, the proper VB and MSC runtime might not be installed, it could also be the drivers aren't installed properly, or the card is so old it doesn't have drivers that support Dx7+

card + plugin
Dx6
TnT 1 and 2 (pro)
Geforce 1
Geforce 2/mx/gt/pro
Geforce 4mx
Radeon 7xxx and lower
Intel extreme graphics
SiS intergrated graphics
Via Unichrome(S3)

Dx8
Geforce 4 Ti