What's new

Playing ISO Question

UTdude

I'm pretty simple...how do you do it? I tried searching the forums(I've never been good with that. My apologies.) I have the ISO I wanna play and it's self boot but IDK how to get chankast to recognize it. I think I need to convert it or something but IDK how. Help plz

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Get Daemon Tools or some other virtual drive software and use it to mount the disc image. Then setup Chankast so that it reads from the virtual drive and then just boot the game.

No, you don't need to convert anything unless the image you have is non-selfboot.

OP
U

UTdude

I'm just trying to play some sonic adventure. The file I downloaded is a CDI File. as for daemon's thing...I downloaded it...but I'm not sure how to use it.

Edit: Ok so it seems pretty simple. I right click the daemon tools thing in my system tray. I pick the file. But it uses the internet and comes with possible titles for the info. I pick one that I think was music by accident. Now chankast attempts to play it as a Music CD. Now I "unmounted" the file and tried to redo it. It won't let me pick what kinda CD it is.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I suggest that you read the General Usage section in Daemon Tool's help over at http://www.daemon-tools.cc, because you are definitely doing something wrong.

Besides, if chankast thinks it's the disc is a music CD, that has nothing to do with what you picked from some Internet list. Daemon Tools doesn't even need to use the Internet when mounting discs. Chankasts sees the disc as a music disc because

a) The game is not self-boot (somewhat likely)
b) The game is corrupt (not very likely)
c) Chankast's poor disc detection routines prevent the disc from booting (the most likely answer)

At this point if the likely answer is indeed c), use another emulator. All the other Dreamcast emulators out there are leaps and bounds ahead of Chankast, but of course, nothing prevents you from sticking with Chankast.

Last edited: