What's new

Pj's rom browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clements

Reviving long-dead threads is annoying in most cases. This particular thread is one of those cases. Doomulation almost certainly no longer has the problem as stated in the OP after 5 years, so any reply now is no longer relevant. Thread necromancy is considered poor 'netiquette' in almost every popular message board. When clicking the new posts option, this thread will be at the top and push down legitimate threads. Always check the date before posting in a thread. Serial offenders have been banned for this in the past. The rule we have in place is not going to change.

See also here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_necromancy

Iconoclast

Unreasonabily bumping threads, whether old or new, is very different from having something good to say to an old thread and replying to that. What you're basically saying is, it's okay for a young thread to be bumped to the top of the New Posts page, with a simple reply like "Interesting...I never knew that. Thanks," but not okay for some additionally helpful information, for future reference, to be posted in an old thread? I mean, you may as well close every single thread that's x months old with a paranoid rule such as this.

Last edited:

Cyberman

It's not a record but to keep it simple, don't do this. Answering a question 5 years old is like digging through a garbage dump. In any case I'm closing the thread as reviving a thread like this is likely more an opps than anything. Thread is long burried since I'm sure Doom has long ago got this working or droped it to begin with. :)

As for what you said Iconclast, you aren't a mod here, keep that in mind. There are very few instances when reviving a thread older than a year is OK. We haven't closed old threads because we thought people had enough sense to know when to not reply to one.

Cyb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.