What's new

PJ64 rom shortcut icons

phantomdentist

I like to have all games I played layed out on the desktop so i know whats going on. With pj64 set to associate with all roms files then obviously all you have to do is click the mario64 rom (for example) and pj64 launches into mario, place a shortcut to that rom on the desktop and uve pretty much got a standard pc game style way of launching ur roms, whats missing. . icons

I made some for my favs

pj64icons.jpg

I'm not suggesting their perfect or that their hard to make but they look ok. Is there perhaps somewhere i can upload a pack of them for anyone who wants to launch their pj64 roms for the desktop pc game style ?

I think with turok2 i might atually have created basically the same icon as the pc version would have used neway (took the eye from the n64 box for the game) can anyone confirm this

If anyone wants an icon for a game ask and if i get a few ppl asking for simular ones I will make em avalible

If someone has already done something like this i apologise

OP
P

phantomdentist

yes you can have them anywhere you want, but why not have the games your actually gonna play shortcutted so you can start em like you would a pc game rather than go open rom n search a game etc. Just nicer to look at the games you got, pick one 2 play and double click it ( maybe it makes more sence when you have alot of games)

scan click play ;)

desktopps2n64copy.jpg

Last edited:

FlotsamX

Ummm.... like I was saying, there is a MUCH more efficiant way to archive your games.

1. Put all your ROMs in 1 folder.

2. Open P64, choose "file", and choose "search rom directory"

3. Highlight the folder with the ROMs.

Result below.

Toasty

Sony battery
More efficient in your opinion. He likes having the icons on his desktop instead of having to use the ROM browser, so why don't we let him like that? :)

OP
P

phantomdentist

Scan, Click, Play

You can't beat it (but that is imo)

I'm just anal when it comes to this kinda thing n I like games, with pretty picture shortcuts on the desktop :p, no clicking emu shortcuts first, no opening folders and definitely DEFINITELY! no disks! :D

JKKDARK

I like to have all games I played layed out on the desktop so i know whats going on. With pj64 set to associate with all roms files then obviously all you have to do is click the mario64 rom (for example) and pj64 launches into mario, place a shortcut to that rom on the desktop and uve pretty much got a standard pc game style way of launching ur roms, whats missing. . icons

I made some for my favs

pj64icons.jpg

I'm not suggesting their perfect or that their hard to make but they look ok. Is there perhaps somewhere i can upload a pack of them for anyone who wants to launch their pj64 roms for the desktop pc game style ?

I think with turok2 i might atually have created basically the same icon as the pc version would have used neway (took the eye from the n64 box for the game) can anyone confirm this

If anyone wants an icon for a game ask and if i get a few ppl asking for simular ones I will make em avalible

If someone has already done something like this i apologise

wow very good job! I like these icons, they are like PC games :p

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Having something like sureall 64 or daedalus psp would be awesome.

It's a simple integration too (from coding and legal standpoint)

You have a option in your ini file per rom like this

supermario 64
save type =
previewpic = "mario64.png"

then the icons/preview pics (boxart is amazing) appear on the left or right side of the file name (or a option to just display icons.

i asked before but i dont think there going to do it :(

Mainly because they didn't think my old idea would be efficient. this idea is better as its purley a users choice. Dont want to use it ? dont have a pic or filename in the ini file.

You would also have to add the preview pic line yourself (like daedalus psp), and supply your own boxart/preview pics. that way the distribution of project64 isnt bloated (like the developers want)

Last edited: