What's new

PJ64 FPS way down

Havin a little trouble with PJ64, FPS and constant lagging ??? It used to work just fine, hardly no lags and keeping a normal FPS but lately it started to slow down BIG time (range of 15-25 fps with limit fps on, and 30-35 with out) i tried different vid. plugins but they all go just as sloooow, so i put it back to Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40 (default). I also tried messin around with the different settings in the config. but didnt work to well. one thing though is the RSP code simulation used to be on RSP SW 2.0x , but now it is at F3DEX 2XX, and when i change it back to RSP SW 2.0x , i start the ROM and it goes back to F3DEX 2XX. I dunno if thats the problem, but its not suppose to do that i think.

i dunno if you need to know my specs for the problem but here they are anyways incase you do;

Windows XP Home Edition
256MB of RAM
pentimum 4 proc. 1594 MHz
NVidia TNT 2 graphic card
wxp-radeon

(i dunno if thats exactly what you need spec wise, but thats all i know right now ;) )
thnx in advance

Last edited:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
i think you need to take out that part at the top with the model number. and the other thing you could give are the settings you are using and the game that it happens in.

OP
?

2bzy4ne1 said:
the other thing you could give are the settings you are using and the game that it happens in.

It happens in all of my games. As for the settings: default. same with the controller, audio, RSP, and graphic plugin config. With the exception of the RSP code simulation in the graphic plugin config, which used to be set to RSP SW 2.0x and worked just fine. But now whenever i reset it to RSP SW 2.0x and when the rom starts up, it sets it back to F3DEX 2XX, and the FPS starts at about 70 or so then jumps down to 15-35 (or so) tell me if im wrong, im just assuming that the RSP code sim. is the problem

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
........ said:

Whenever i reset it to RSP SW 2.0x and when the rom starts up, it sets it back to F3DEX 2XX, and the FPS starts at about 70 or so then jumps down to 15-35 (or so)

Well, actually the RSP simuation is (I think!) the graphics instruction set , the microcode (Ucode) the emulator uses to play the game. You can't play a game programmed for F3DEX 2.XX with a SW 2.0x simuation. The reason this pops back after starting the game again is that the emulator knows what instruction set the game wants - you can't change this! You can't play apples with an oranges simulation!

With my specs, with the CPU slightly slower and a better video card, I play solid 60 fps with the limiter and over 80 with it off. It's not your specs.

The problem sounds like you turned on frabebuffer emulation to me... go in the video plugin settings, Advanced tab, and make sure the framebuffer listbox is set to None or Set Buffers Black (if you want framebuffer areas like the picture of Link in Zelda OoT to be blank like I do). Depth settings and normal blending should be left the way they are.

Last edited: