What's new

PJ54 Gamepad Issue

kingfofo

hello emutalk-community!

i have a problem with project64 on zelda ocarina of time.
i have been playing the game for a couple of days now, using a gamepad "speedlink strike2" without any problems. but now when i started the game i couldnt move to right or down. i reconnected the gamepad but it was of no use, the game wouldnt accept inputs for right and down. i changed controller plugin in order to fix the problem but with no use. i also tried the gamepad on regular games ( gta san andreas and max payne 2) and so i found out that my gamepad works perfectly fine. so the problem is with project64.

i hope someone knows how to fix this and can help me!

btw, i did use the search function and read through several gamepad issue threads without any effect.

thanks,

kingfofo

OP
K

kingfofo

Hi,

i used these two here:

Jabos Directinput 7 1.6
NRage Directinput 8 V2 1.80a

both wouldnt accept input from both joysticks on my gamepad for directions right and down. function of the gamepad has been tested with regular PC Games, so the problem doenst come from the gamepad.

And also did the gamepad worked fine for the last week with Jabos Directplugin, its started yesterday evening for no obvious reason.

Thanks for help,

kingfofo

OP
K

kingfofo

Use either N-Rage Input 1.83 or 2.00 Beta and try again, if only for kicks.

I downloaded NRage Input 1.83 and installed it. Then i opened the game and configuered the gamepad as usual. It seemed to have worked but ingame it still didnt work. buttons worked properly but both joysticks wont work for movements right and down. And i think its pretty weird that it doenst work properly since it used to work for over a week now. It suddenly stopped working.

Will i lose my savegame if i reinstall Project64? Cause i might do that if im sure i dont lose my savegame.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, backup your saves, reinstall and copy your saves back, if you are worried.