What's new

Pixel2.0>:(

DaRK-_DrAgOn

I own the game naruto2 it starts up and plays the movie but black
and white i did read somewhere that means that my 3dcard doesnt support
pixel shader 2.0...my stupid question is means that ,that i will never see it
in colors?(unless i buy another card),maybe whit a next release or something than its maybe okej?

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

ector

Emulator Developer
Nope you won't see that video in color on that card ever unless someone writes a software video emulation plugin and that will be slow. Most games uses a pretty complicated pixel shader to do the YUV->RGB conversion on the gc graphics hardware. My emulation of it translates it to pixel shaders, and I think this particular one is complex enough to require PS1.4 or even PS2.0. Your card doesn't support pixel shaders at all.

OP
DaRK-_DrAgOn

DaRK-_DrAgOn

:( okej thanks for that reply ....i think its time to upgrade my card then which 3d cardS does support p2.0? (cheap ones)

Clements

Radeon 9500 and up, and GeForceFX 5200 and up support Pixel Shaders 2.0. Wouldn't recommend upgrading unless you are into PC games as well to make it worth the cash.

kage

Um, I'm running a 9700 Pro, and the colors I get are kinda...messed up. Is this the norm for this game?

:ninja:

ector

Emulator Developer
I haven't tried Naruto so I assumed it used the same playback routine that many other games use, which will give b/w picture if you don't have shader support. Obviously something is going wrong with the specific way that Naruto converts colors, so don't worry kage, I'm 99.99999% sure that the fault is with dolphin, not with your graphics card :)

kage

Thanks piles ector, I appreciate your input. It uses basically the same color scheme with Disney Sports Soccer. Everything played just fine, using either Dynarec or Interpreter, but the colors were in the purple'ish hues like the above shot.

I imagine if you're 99.99999% sure, and since you're involved in the creation of Dolphin, I may just have to beleive you :D. Thanks again man.

:ninja:

Kurosu

Color conversions

The graphics typically look like swapped planes. Dunno if those are RGB (the look make me think it is) planes or the input (some YUV one, maybe YV12 or I420). In any case, that's just a pointer to swap when feeding a function with buffers.

Regarding the Radeon/PS2.0 only part of this, that is where I would typically say: why not doing the transform on the CPU? Of course it needs dowloading texture/image from graphics memory, converting it and reuploading it (ie a bandwidth eater), but that maybe worth considering as a temporary patch for cards not supporting the shader transform.

Strange

LoL How naive...
Quick answer before you recieve warning from admins - if you wnat to play Naruto so badly - buy GC, it will be more easy...
Hint: read rules of this forum and other threads before you post another stupid question...
Ok - i`m kind today - you may ask me in PM - i will try to help...