What's new

Phantasy Star Online

eggo

Some Guy
Well on the compatability list, Phantasy Star Online is on it, well I tried playing it, but it doesn't register the serial and access number, whats the problem? Is there anyway to bypass this? And yes I do have a few serial/access numbers. Please reply, thanks.

Samus

Try unsetting the read only flag on your dc_flash.bin and dc_bios.bin. I haven't tried this, and i dunno if it'll work, it might even corrupt your bios files (back them up first), but if these two files are set as read only, there is no way the game will be able to save ur serial number/access key settings.

OP
E

eggo

Some Guy
nope it still doesn't work, after i put in the serial/access key, the box goes empty..

yiggs

i was under the impression that the emulator had no online capabilities..... and even if it did, there would be no servers to connect to cos they are all closed ? :whistling

OP
E

eggo

Some Guy
yiggs said:
i was under the impression that the emulator had no online capabilities..... and even if it did, there would be no servers to connect to cos they are all closed ? :whistling

uh..you still need serial/access key to play the game, thats the first thing it asks for when you want to start a new game or any other option.

bugga12

turn on both z-write options and the "empty" box should have letters lol

And yiig there servers arent closed , atleast not the EU - JP ones

bugga12

Azimer isnt that Scthack's server ? :p i know the creator lol but he has a 100 people limit in the server =/ he is going to remove the limit soon tho i think

And ickle_moi - yes there is an offline mode ofcourse :) but you cant play multiplayer with like divided windows like in GC =( just 1 game , 1dc , 1 character, 1 player lol

OP
E

eggo

Some Guy
bugga12 said:
turn on both z-write options and the "empty" box should have letters lol

And yiig there servers arent closed , atleast not the EU - JP ones

how do you do that? the z-write options?

Azimer

Emulator Developer
bugga12: Yeah... that is what you believe it to me. I find it a fascinating use of time that many people will get enjoyment from. I certainly give the author credit.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Just a little question: if I remember right there were only in PSOV2 a serial insert for the offline mode, or was it in the V1, too?

bugga12

@eggo - sorry for not replying have been a bit away , glad i was of help , no need to thank ;)
@Master - No , offline serial inputing was only in V2 i rather think its stupid but it kinda avoids piracy (kinda , actually well nothing lol , thats what they thought) but no V1 doesnt have it , no doubts since im a total PSO fan , Have pso v1,v2 , eps 1/2 , ep 3 and PSOBB for PC and even the standard PSO v2 for PC lol

Take care all!