What's new

Perfect Dark: CamSpy problem

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Try different Detonator drivers, because the CamSpy worked for me, even with only a GeForce2 MX 200 32 MB video card, thus I doubt (unless the GeForce 4 MXs have a hardware bug) the CamSpy not being displayed problem is a video card hardware problem.

scotty

The Great One
Damn Llama said:
I was playing Perfect Dark today and I got to a mission where I had to use the CamSpy. Well, when I activated the CamSpy, I couldn't see anything. I was using glN64 v0.4.1. I switched to Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1 and tried the mission again. The CamSpy still wouldn't work. Does anyone know what's wrong?
http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/221203-perfectdark_camspyproblem.jpg

The weird thing about this entire problem is that Jabos plugin for the camspy works perfectly well for me, even though we both have the same graphics card

ChronusDark

RJARRRPCGP said:
Try different Detonator drivers,

not trying to be an ass i just think it should be known that Nvidia no longer calls them Detonator Drivers they are called Forceware

i dont want you to say detonator and have someone rub it in your face that your wrong....just watchin out for my fellow emu-freaks :D

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Yeah, I knew that, but at first, I thought ForceWare is not what the new Nvidia video card drivers are called, but the nForce chipset drivers and I didn't want people that have a Via, Intel or SiS chipset to accidently download the nForce chipset drivers.

Whoops. :p

Falcon32

perfect dark spycam

Hi all from a newbie
I have the same problems with perfect dark ie no spycam. I have tried a few other graphic plug in but the graphics end up worse or none at all!
I have a Brand new Dell p4 2.8 g with a built in Intel extreme graphics 2 and 512 ddr ram any suggestions???? Thanx

SubCog

Falcon32 said:
Hi all from a newbie
I have the same problems with perfect dark ie no spycam. I have tried a few other graphic plug in but the graphics end up worse or none at all!
I have a Brand new Dell p4 2.8 g with a built in Intel extreme graphics 2 and 512 ddr ram any suggestions???? Thanx

yeah, my suggestion is that you crush it in an industrial punch press. Then you'll probably get better performance out of you Intel extreme graphics chipset.

Contrary to the name (it says "Extreme"!), intel's imbedded graphics chipset was obsolete when it first came out seven years ago, and hasn't been updated since. Heck, I don't think they've even bothered to update the drivers in the last 3 years.

Hopefully you've got an agp port on there. Otherwise you may just be screwed.