What's new

Pentium 4 problems

dweber5

Hi, I noticed I read before (not sure where) that Pentium 4 isn't recommended to use N64 emulators. I was just wondering if there is any truth to this because I've been having a terrible time trying to get Project64 (or any other emulator for that matter) to work. I've tried everything I've seen in previous posts and FAQ's and nothing seems to work. On every single game, the fps drops down to 6 or lower and I've set the limit to 60. I have all the recommended newest plugins and have tweaked and changed things according to instructions so much I have no idea what to change anymore. Can anyone possibly help me, or is it just because Pentium 4's don't have very good performance with N64 emulators?

OP
D

dweber5

Ok, I read through that web page. That's what I kinda thought. I knew I heard that before about Pentium 4's. That's kinda weird though, I got Nemu64 to work almost perfectly on my computer, so I would think that Project64 or the other emulators would be able to work the same.??? If Nemu64 works, could it possibly not be the Pentium 4 problem?