What's new

PD control settings....

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
All right, it's 2 minor questions, but still: I'm playing Perfect Dark (it works fine, don't worry) using a keyboard-mouse combination....and I can't seem to get a good feel with the mouse settings, for the head seems to move little fast and bobble.....

1. What should be the analog range?
2. Should I toggle the Real N64 Range on or off?

Input Plugin: N-Rage's V2 v.1.80a

The range you have to set depends of the driver. With my home-made N64 adapter using PSXPAD as drivers, and all curves setted up to 100*, range 100 runs OK. I reccomend you try it until the analog stick runs properly (not too sensitive and not too not-sensitive, you can try some values between 80-100.

The Real N64 Range.... I have activated it and it doesn't seems to have changed nothing :\ I don't know.

(*) EDIT: Sorry, I mean A-curves, nothing about numbers.

Last edited:
OP
firestarter

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
I was referring to a keyboard mouse combination (like in FPSes), not an actual N64 pad....

OP
firestarter

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Then why do they have input plugins, then? Hell, why do emulators exist? I mean, I am not a real purist, but for good reason: I do not have the gall in looking for and buying a decent N64 controller, then buy a special adapter so you could plug it into a USB port, just for the use of a few games which, within a matter of weeks or a few months, I will prolly not play again for another six months, maybe year, if ever. But no matter....

N-Rage himself made a controller profile for Goldeneye so that it works with a keyboard and mouse...FPS users tend to like this setup so they can easily aim, turn, and fire with a mouse, and move around on the keyboard. No controller or controller setup could mimic that well, not even an N64 or PSX/2 controller. So, since N-Rage never made one for Perfect Dark, I'm making one myself. However, the way the control scheme is, it's tricky. Thus, my original question.

R

rico001

good idea

I think the analogue setting that were set at was 60%. I use the same settings for perfect dark and goldeneye (see PD savestate)

what help do you need? The setup and configuration is confusing. I think it would be a good idea to have an nrage cfg file.

If we can help further please be more specific. You could post your basic nrage file.