What's new

PCSX2 and Final Fantasy X

omnislash124

Hello Everybody.

I'm hoping this question of mine can be answered here. I finally got Final Fantasy X running in PCSX2 at reasonable speeds (with my new computer I just built). The problem is that after this scene, the graphics get all messed up. Maybe it's a bad rip, I don't know, but I'm hoping to get an answer here...

Clements

If I remember correctly, an FMV sequence follows that point, which is unemulated in PCSX2. You can still get past that point by waiting.

Last edited:

Cyberman

The MPEG2 handling is probably at issue. (I HATE that format myself). I think there are lots of decoding errors. I'm past the abandoned temple using PCSX2 so it's not as bad as you might think. Depending on the bios your PS2 had you need to be sure things are set correctly in PCSX2. Check your settings carefully also One of which is to be sure to use the deinterlace setting for the display output. It makes a big difference in visability of MPEG2 streams for some reason.

It's slow on my Sempron but heh it's not bad. I am pondering a faster upgrade soon. It's unfortunate that MS thought "who needs more than 2 gigs" with windows 2K and XP huh? :) It reminds me of Bill Gates "what could you run that's more than 640k?"

Cyb